MA’AN DEVELOPMENT CENTER
MA'AN is an independent Palestinian development and training organization established in January 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
In partnership with Oxfam GB, MAAN is implementing a program titled “Developing Equitable Agricultural Production and Market Systems for Resilient Economic Development in the occupied Palestinian Territory”.
Through this project, MA’AN Development is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill in the position of ADVOCACY & CAMPAIGNING OFFICER (Full Time) in its office in Gaza Strip. The aim of this position is to ensure:
- Improved legal and regulatory environment for the agriculture sector alongside the implementation of standards according to International best practice.
- Investment stimulation schemes and incentives for increased investment in the market system.
- Deliver advocacy campaigns and communication activities to improve the legal and regulatory environment at local level, and effectively challenge the Government of Israel’s policy of separation between Gaza and West Bank.
- Work with OXFAM staff, MAAN partners and allies at both national and international level to develop and deliver creative advocacy support enabling policies and market regulations objectives.
- Conduct necessary research and assessments in order to identify gaps related to the legal and regulatory environment and investment mechanisms.
- Work with OXFAM staff, MAAN partners and allies to follow up on research and assessment recommendations and results
- Provide capacity-building support for relevant stakeholders (right holders) to support them to advocate for their rights.
- Carry out proactive outreach work to build relationships with a range of other stakeholders in support of advocacy work, including supporting partners to network.
- Develop and draft communication and outreach material including speeches, policy documents, posters, booklets, material for websites, social media, and through audiovisual tools.
- Elaborate case studies to inform internal learning, private lobbying products and public facing influencing products.
- Work with OXFAM and partners, including those from Palestinian civil society, to raise awareness through the production of lobby notes, briefs, documentaries, fact sheets, etc., on the current gaps and impediments within the institutional and regulatory environment for the agricultural sector at the local and national levels.
- Co-ordinate increased pressure on the relevant Palestinian authorities through the mobilization of local civil society and private sector actors, including key value chain actors (e.g. agricultural co-operatives, the Palestinian Farmers’ Union and the Private Sector Coordination Council).
- Facilitate inclusive and consultative processes, through the organization of round tables or other platforms as appropriate, with civil society and private sector members and local and national authorities, through which market regulations and local economic development strategies are developed and implemented.
- Ensure evidence and learning is created and shared on social media platforms and seek opportunities to develop visual and multimedia products for wide dissemination.
- Ensure strong monitoring and evaluation of advocacy work.
- Conduct regular review meetings with OXFAM and MAAN related staff.
- Ensure adherence to the action plan.
- Write monthly report on advancement of the influencing activities.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field.
- Minimum of-three years of progressively responsible experience in advocacy and campaigning, especially within development organizations.
- Knowledge of different aspects of public information and communication.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement major information campaigns.
- Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships.
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communications products in a clear, concise style.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating work.
- Manages conflict.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required.
- Ability to address a range of policy issues in the agriculture sector.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Knowledge of International Law and Human Rights issues
- Photography skills
Duration: One Year with possibility of extension
Candidates with experience in the following field are encouraged to apply for this position, Cover letter and curriculum vitae in English including the names and contact details for three reference, are to be submitted by email to [email protected], please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email ADVOCACY & CAMPAIGNING OFFICER
Deadline for submission: Must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Monday 16th July 2018.