Advising & Student Services Assistant Manager for UoPeople in Arabic
As the University of the People in Arabic continues to grow, the UoPeople is looking to fill the position of an Advising & Student Services Assistant Manager. This new role will mainly support the Advising & Student Services Manager in managing the student services, program advising, and finance (financial aid and payment processing) teams. He/she will assist the department manager in ensuring best-in-class program advising and student affairs guidance and support is provided to new and existing UoPeople students. He/she will serve as a mentor and a leader who helps coordinate and run various departmental tasks using systems and tools to support the university’s existing and new initiatives.
- Work with the Advising & Student Services Manager and assist in managing the Advising & Student Services Department at the University’s Arabic division.
- Work with the Advising & Student Services Manager to meet the department and the University’s KPI each term and annually.
- Help coordinate and delegate tasks and activities to individual team members in the department.
- Recruit, train, and help onboard new member to the team.
- Provide technical support to junior members of the team.
- Use various tools and systems to generate reports to be used internally and externally.
- Co-lead the advising & student services staff in providing advising and help to new and existing students to ensure the highest level of student satisfaction and student retention rate in accordance with the University policies and guidelines.
- The position is 100% online and remote but candidate must be able to work in the MENA’s time zone working hours.
- Excellent organizations skills and is able to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. Internal communications are conducted in both English and Arabic while communications with students are all done in Arabic.
- The ability to work in a process driven organization and as part of a global team remotely.
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Tools (Word, PPT, Excel, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Work under a close supervision of the Advising & Student Services Manager and part of the larger operations team for the Arabic Division.
- Excited and passionate about higher education.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
- Experience working in an academic environment - advantage
- Experience with CRM software - advantage
- Experience in admissions/education world – advantage
Interested candidates may submit their CVs with a cover letter on [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
About University of the People
University of the People (UoPeople) is the Education Revolution. It is the first non-profit, tuition-free, American accredited online university. Currently there are over 57,000 students from over 200 countries and territories. Designed to open access to higher education globally, UoPeople helps qualified high school graduates overcome financial, geographic, political, and personal constraints keeping them from collegiate studies. The University offers associate and bachelor’s degree programs in business administration, computer science, and health science, as well as an MBA and M.Ed. program. Graduates of UoPeople can be found working at such companies as Deloitte, Amazon, Apple, Pfizer, Microsoft, and Wells Fargo. UoPeople has academic partnerships with NYU, UC Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, McGill University, Effat University and Long Island University, as well as a collaboration with Harvard Business School Online. UoPeople is supported by foundations such as The Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation, and Hewlett Foundation. Learn more at www.uopeople.edu.