Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Joint programmes under the Sustainable Economic Development Cluster, we are looking for a full time (100%)
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Monitors income, expenditure, and the monthly bank reconciliation
- Monitors real accounts (payables, receivables)
- Responsible for Financial management such as cash withdrawals
- Responsible for cash and bank payments including preparing, paying, and inserting all invoices in cash and bank software’s
- Checks results for funds before release
- Reports any surplus or shortfall in cash
- Reports without delay if the cash holding reaches a minimum level
- Deputizes other admin officers under SED cluster during absence for any work that has to be done.
- Is involved in drawing up the annual internal controlling schedule and reports for SED Cluster programmes.
- Follows up on Zero VAT request letters to MOF
- Responsible for Filing structure according to GIZ Guidelines
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- BA in business administration with a focus on accounting or related area
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Excellent knowledge in Accounting, preferably within GIZ
- Knowledge of GIZ management systems, incl PuR, IDA, DMS etc.
- Very good communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, high result orientation and proven ability to cope with stress and uncertainty
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Assignment: Starting 1st of April 2021. 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes CV and cover letter, no later than 18th of March 2021 at 12:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative Officer”– SED Cluster”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form