UCI is the largest publicly listed social impact investment company in Palestine. Our flagship project, TABO, focuses on expanding property rights in the West Bank by creating new title deed one dunum parcels of land made available to Palestinians worldwide at affordable prices. By creating title deeds and registering Palestinian land, we are directly helping Palestinians protect their land from illegal Israeli settlement expansion. Since its launch in 2011, TABO has revolutionized the real-estate market in the West Bank enabling roughly 500 Palestinian families to own 700 parcels of land. TABO has helped protect over one million square meters of Palestinian land.
The Administration manager reports directly to Chief Operations Officer (COO), and shall lead the UCI administrative department and plan the most efficient administrative procedures. They will directly manage the admin team and work in collaboration with the larger UCI team. Externally, the administrative manager will work with all relevant stakeholders, partners, consultants, suppliers, contractors, as designated by the COO.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and planning
- Develop, review, and improve administrative and human resource systems, policies, and procedures and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Work closely with the COO to execute the company’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Assist the COO in the process of preparing annual plans, budgets and performance indicators, and lead those for their own department.
- Supervise the process of conducting annual and ad-hoc inventory of assets.
- Supervise the coordination of car use and ensure car logs are completed and compared with the GPS system.
- Ensure efficient functionality, updates and enhancements on the admin automated systems.
- Prepare admin & HR internal and external communications & documents in English and Arabic.
- Review and supervise admin & HR contracts with external service providers.
- Supervise all legal processing relating to the department’s scope.
- Oversee special projects and track progress towards set goals.
- Work inter-departmentally to set budgets, monitor spending, and process other expenses.
- Manage employment, internship, and consultancy processes and prepare agreements.
- Ensure that all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Line manages the admin team and supervise the day-to-day operations.
- Manage external party service contracts within department scope and ensure proper quality control.
- Manage the preparation of contract agreements and MOUs.
- Prepare, develop and implement annual procurement plans.
- Approve purchase of products and services at optimal point between quality and cost.
- Supervise the managing process of the suppliers and maintaining their data, comparisons and evaluation on record.
- Process procurement requests and prepare purchase and supply orders, except for the procurements done by the HR Officer.
- Supervise employment procedures, and manage recruitment and on-boarding process for new hires.
- Assist with the performance management and review processes.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Prepare the monthly payment requests and supporting documents for processing at the finance department.
- Prepare annual financial budgets, necessary to cover office expenses and other operational costs.
- Consult with department managers to make sure budget proposals are met.
- Create financial worksheets that outline expected costs for supplies, contracts and equipment for each department.
Hygiene, safety and security:
- Ensures a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards.
- Manages the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, electrical and mechanical systems and facilities with external parties.
- Establish and manage monitoring systems to keep high standard in cleaning, hygiene, safety and security.
Reporting and data:
- Collect, organize, and store files of own department as per the UCI electronic filing guidelines.
- Prepare periodic or special reports, upon request, as commissioned by the line manager.
- Draft formal letters in Arabic and English to external parties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree, preferably in business administration.
- Proven experience as administration manager for 5 years, or at least 8 years in a demanding non-manager administrative role.
- Thorough knowledge of contracts administration, cost planning / budgeting.
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies.
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles.
- Proficient in MS Office and administrative automated systems.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Excellent leadership and team working skills.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving skills, critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills including of multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a curriculum vita of 3 pages maximum together with a cover letter explaining, in 300 words maximum, why you would make a great candidate for this position. To apply please complete our online application at: https://www.uci.ps/en/online-employment-application/91#formWizard by 04/01/2022.
If you applied for this position before, please do not re-apply.
How we will evaluate your application
- Only qualified candidates who meet the job and application requirements will be contacted.
- A skills assessment will be conducted for qualified applicants.
- An in-person interview will be scheduled with top candidates.