UCI is the largest publicly listed social impact investment company in Palestine. Our flagship project, TABO, focuses on expanding property rights in the West Bank by creating new title deed one dunum parcels of land made available to Palestinians worldwide at affordable prices. By creating title deeds and registering Palestinian land, we are directly helping Palestinians protect their land from illegal Israeli settlement expansion. Since its launch in 2011, TABO has revolutionized the real-estate market in the West Bank enabling roughly 500 Palestinian families to own 700 parcels of land. TABO has helped protect over one million square meters of Palestinian land.
The Junior Accountant reports directly to the Financial Manager, and shall work in the UCI office in Ramallah. We are looking for someone who enjoys dealing with people from various backgrounds, someone energetic with a can-do-attitude and high level of responsibility and commitment. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cheques and transfers, and make sure that all processes are accurate and conforming to standards and transparency terms of UCI before being cashed to the banks.
- Periodical visits to the banks to manage our daily transactions.
- Prepare and record all journal entries through either accounting systems or manually in order to make sure that they are recorded and directed.
- Prepare and record periodical adjusting entries.
- Assist in supervising shareholders’ records and dividends payments, and do the needed preparations for the GA meetings.
- Supervise the company inventories and warehouses and arrange aggregation of total assets periodically.
- Handle local and international customers’ payments and collection.
- Collection of all due amounts and bounced cheques from the company’s customers, and communicate with them and prepare their periodic statements.
- Participate in preparing bank reconciliations procedures of UCI bank accounts under observation of the direct supervisor.
- Responsible for the Accounting Dept. archives section along with documenting all the necessary supporting data into files each according to their field.
- Review suppliers’ and customers’ records and match them with their balances and prepare settlements for those accounts.
- Observe and follow up with the Value Added Tax (VAT) Dept. and prepare monthly periodical statements.
- Prepare any internal or external reports.
- Coordinate with external auditors and facilitating their job through preparing the needed documents for auditing the company’s financial statements.
- Perform any related work tasks assigned by your direct supervisor or the Financial Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in accounting positions.
- Fluent in English language (Oral/written).
- Excellent in MS programs (Excel, word, etc..)
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Valid driving license.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 1-page curriculum vita and covering letter, explaining in 300 words why you would make a great candidate for this position. To apply please complete our online application at: https://www.uci.ps/en/online-employment-application/94 by 30 April 2022.
How we will evaluate your application
- Only qualified candidates who meet the job and application requirements will be contacted.
- A written skills assessment test will be conducted for qualified applicants.
- In-person interview of top candidates.