Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The GIZ “Strengthening the Civil Society Programme” is seeking to fill a position of
Administrative and Financial Assistant (Part-Time 80%) – Gaza
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the daily management of program admin and finance issues
- Reviewing and processing advance payments submitted by program local partners
- Reviewing list of expenditures submitted by program partners, and ensure all supporting documentation are in line with GIZ financial reporting standards, guidelines and LS Handbook
- Ensuring that the work environment in GIZ – Gaza office is in compliance with O&R
- Ensuring that all advance payments are properly accounted for, and spent according to contract
- Assist in inviting offers, organize purchase orders and follow-up service contracts
- Review and process bank and cash payments, and follow up the completion of payments to suppliers, staff and consultants
- Provide clerical assistant to the program including photocopying and scanning of documents, organising and compiling of information materials, and Labels files as needed
- Preparing and organising information materials for the line manager, and assist in preparing financial reports for partners and program when required
- Maintain communications and good relations with colleagues and programme partners;
- Coordinating appointments, setting up meetings, organizing workshops
- Assist in communication matters and facilitate information exchange with partners;
- Carry out the settlement and payment of travel claims
- Assist in any other related task as stated in the JD and requested by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in finance, administration or any related field of study
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Flaunt in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment: Starting 01.06.2019
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Please make sure you include the following reference in the email subject “GAZA Admin and Financial Assistant 80%”.
We are looking forward to your application by email comprising your CV and cover letter until 09.05.2019 midnight to the following address: [email protected]
***Attachments: GIZ applicant information form