Working efficiently, effectively, and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The project “Strengthening the influence of Palestinian refugees on their living conditions in the MENA region (PART II)” was commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2021 to improve the capability of Palestinian refugees to influence their living conditions. The project is active in the Palestinian Territories, Jordan, and Lebanon and its main political partner is the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA). It also works in close cooperation with host government institutions as well as local NGOs and CBOs.To support our operations, PART II is looking for an intern to assist the project in administrative tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- General administrative tasks in the project office related to all three project components (employability, peace-promoting youth work, organizational capacity development)
- Assists in processing procurement, service contracts, and other processes.
- Supports field activities, such as workshops or capacity-building measures, as well as team events.
- Assists in organizing knowledge management and filling systems.
- Support PARTII in compiling, analyzing, and storing monitoring data.
- Supports PARTII in organizing and analyzing focus group discussions with beneficiaries.
- Supporting PARTII team in travel management (TMS)
- Supporting admin team with direct implementation measures under output 3: community empowerment.
- support the administration team in their daily work i.e. (Scanning documents, filling, translating invoices, or any other duty required by the admin team.
- Support in logistics preparation for partner, team, and regional workshops.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience:
- Bachelor's student in the fourth year of university or recently graduated Business Administration,
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing, and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (especially Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint)
- Creative, innovative, excellent communication skills
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, team player, and highly motivated.
Assignment: Starting 20 April 2023.3 months contract with a possible extension of up to 6 months in total
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV, and cover letter, no later than 27th of March 2023 at the latest 4:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative Assistant-Intern PART II”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.