Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the programme of the “Ziviler Friedensdienst (ZFD)/ The Civil Peace Service”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to developing the capacity of the Palestinian civil society to transform conflicts in a non-violent manner within the Palestinian society in Gaza, East Jerusalem and in the West Bank. The programme works through arts, culture and sports with young Palestinians from all walks of life and offers at the same time support to civil society organizations in developing means of psychosocial support to its clients. The ZFD Team is committed to the wellbeing and self-determination of a young generation of Palestinians growing up under constant stress from unresolved conflicts over statehood and access to resources. The ZFD is committed to non-violent communication reflected in a non-violent attitude towards conflict resolution.
In order to support the ongoing ZFD/SIF programme, we are looking for a part-time (60%)
“Administrative Assistant - Part-Time (60%)”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
▪ Performing general clerical services.
▪ Assisting a specific administrative officer with his/her tasks as instructed.
▪ Assisting with filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
▪ Ensures that the necessary office supplies are available.
▪ Purchases office equipment and supplies within set value limits.
▪ Reports damage to the administrative officer, organizes and monitors the service and repair of office equipment.
Support for administrative officers
▪ Photocopies and scans documents as needed
▪ Organizes and compiles information materials
▪ Labels files in accordance with GIZ filing rules
▪ Completes forms and tables in accordance with specific instructions from the administrative manager
▪ Prepares car logs and car files in particular
▪ Documents service requests and enquiries
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
▪ Certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized clerical college
▪ At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
▪ Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
▪ Good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, namely English
▪ Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Assignment: Starting 01st of October 2020. 12 months contract with possible extension up to 31st December 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 28th of September 2020 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative Assistant-ZFD”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Attachment GIZ applicant information form