Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in the Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza since1961. The CRS JWBG country program currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, social justice promotion, livelihoods, and civil society strengthening. CRS’s main office is in Jerusalem, with field offices in Gaza and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Arrange hotel, air over-land travel and visa arrangements, schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Prepare and manage the office supplies; Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Maintain petty cash and the related reporting;
- Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, weekly schedules of CRS drivers, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors' welcome packages, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager and within scope of general responsibilities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- High School/diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Required Languages: Fluency, including reading and writing in Arabic and English. Hebrew is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All staff but with frequent contact with the Country Representative operations team and programs managers.
External: Visitors, guests, vendors and the local authorities.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by Monday, September 21, 2020 is strongly advised.