Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by the German Government to implement the second phase of
Local Governance Reform Programme (LGRP)
In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments etc. for the Programme;
- Provides administrative / secretarial support for the Programme such as answering the phone, sending faxes;
- Holds responsibility for photocopying, assisting and guiding visitors, assisting in translation of documentation;
- Assists in procuring/contracting goods and services required for the Programme according to GIZ Regulations;
- Assists in preparing and maintaining inventory lists and monitoring the availability of resources;
- Organizes and maintains the office and office equipment and vehicles (which includes vehicles’ log book, fuel consumption calculation and renewal of vehicles’ license and insurance);
- Assists in preparing and organizing traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others;
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for the Head of Programme;
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of meetings;
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, library and/or other soft and hard documentation for the LGRP Programme;
- Translates Arabic/English documents;
- Supports the Programme in the public relations measures;
- Assists in preparing administrative receipts and vouchers for booking and VAT;
- Assists in managing and following up payments for suppliers, consultants, others;
- Assists in preparing travel expense calculation;
- Supports the Head of Programme Administration.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- University degree in Business Administration or any related field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint). Multimedia skills (e.g. InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator) is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
Assignment: Starting 1st of November 2019, 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Please make sure you include the following reference in the email subject “Administrative Assistant”.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than Sunday 23rd of October at 4:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form