Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by the German Government to implement the programme
Strengthening Women in Decision Making in the Middle East - LEAD
In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for an
Administrative Assistant (Part-time 80%)
Responsibilities & tasks include but not limited to:
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments etc. for the Programme.
- Provides administrative / secretarial support for the Programme such as answering the phone, sending faxes.
- Holds responsibility for photocopying, assisting and guiding visitors, assisting in translation of documentation;
- Assists in procuring/contracting goods and services required for the Programme according to GIZ Regulations;
- Assists in preparing and maintaining inventory lists and monitoring the availability of resources;
- Organizes and maintains the office and office equipment and vehicles (which includes vehicles’ log book, fuel consumption calculation and renewal of vehicles’ license and insurance);
- Prepares and organizes traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others; travel expense calculation
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for the Head of Programme;
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of administrative meetings;
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other soft and hard documentation for the LEAD Programme
- Translates Arabic/English documents
- Assists in preparing administrative receipts and vouchers for booking and VAT
- Assists in managing and following up payments for suppliers, consultants, others
- Holds responsibility for petty cash;
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
Assignment: Starting as soon as possible
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Please make sure you include the following reference in the email subject “Administrative Assistant-LEAD”
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 15.04.2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.