Location: Beit Jala, Palestine, with occasional field visits to different locations in West Bank.
RTM- Volontari nel Mondo is an international NGO, working in development cooperation since 1973, and working in Palestine since 2015.
RTM’s mission is to promote people’s dignity, safeguard their fundamental rights and support the economic and social development processes; paying particular attention to people and environment.
We firmly believe that education, being among the fundamental children rights, shall be promoted and safeguarded for every child.
In Palestine, through our 3 years project P.A.C.E.-Partnership for a New Approach to Early Childhood Education, started in June 2018, we commit to provide a holistic support to the Early Childhood Education (ECE) sector in West Bank.
Terms: 1 year full-time contract (renewable), with 3 months’ probation.
Starting date: as soon as possible
The objective of this position is to support RTM Palestine administrative and secretary work in Bethlehem with possible travels in West Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filling documents such as personnel’s pay slip, registration of expenses (bookkeeping) according to the Organization and donor rules and all the documents related to RTM’s daily administrative activities.
- Check the correct archiving of all the invoices, when necessary translate them from Arabic into English/Italian for better understanding.
- Data entry of all invoices, payments, receipts and journals into the financial system.
- Verify and compile monthly format of payment to human resources, payment of taxes etc;
- Check that invoices and requests of payment follow RTM’s procurement guidelines and administrative principles and VAT exemption procedures;
- Planning and organizing meals, transportation, and accommodation reimbursement for beneficiaries, staff and team experts according to RTM policy.
- Take care of the scan of the copies of invoices, mailing invoices to Italy and archive them precisely;
- Fulfill all the fiscal duties required by the national authority in Palestine.
- Execute bank transfers and cash payments approved by RTM’s legal representative
- Liaise with RTM’s external counselor on administrative issues (fiscal or legal experts) in Palestine, if requested by RTM Legal Representative
- Liaise with RTM’s external counterparts/partners for everything concerning the administrative procedures of the project, including collecting invoices from the partners and support them remotely in the opening of tenders
- Support the Project Coordinator in setting appointments and accompanying her/him when necessary.
- Perform oral and written translation Arabic/English and vice-versa
- Support the Project Coordinator in the logistic management of the office (purchasing of stationary, assets etc),
- Set up the meetings and take meeting minutes (project committees, partners/beneficiaries meetings etc)
- Supervise the correct use of equipment and office premises (including Project’s vehicle), taking care of paying the insurance, licensing and set up the maintenance and checks of the project’s car yearly;
- Attend phone calls, office reception, organize meeting and arrange logistic of movements when necessary for the staff and for international experts (booking of hotels, car use etc)
- Monitoring and payment of office’s utilities and bills.
- Support the field missions of RTM personnel and RTM Italian partners, including oral translations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience Required
1. Qualifications and personal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Business and Administration or related area;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Arabic language is mandatory, fluency in English is required, and Italian is an asset.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Time management and respect of deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Knowledge of Bisan is an asset.
- In possess of a valid driving license and willing to drive in Bethlehem and West Bank.
- At least 1 year experience in the same role.
- Relevant experience in Human Resources cycle containing personnel labor contracts, Government legislation, taxes due in the country is necessary.
Salary defined by the RTM salary grid; according to the experience.
Submission of applications
Please send, in English your cover letter, CV, and two references no later than the 26th of May 2019 before 12:00 pm to [email protected]