Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The joint Administration and Finance Unit (AFU) in the governance cluster is being created to provide quality services to the entire cluster portfolio. In the future, administrative and finance positions within governance projects will be jointly managed in this facility. The goal is to create administrative and finance services that are result orientated, resilient, flexible and at the same time provide viable development opportunities for admin and finance staff.
Inspired by the GIZ leadership principle of cooperation and leadership, this unit will be led by two managers in co-leadership. While having their own technical areas of responsibility, both managers will share the overall responsibility for the performance of the unit, staff development and quality of services. The spirit of the unit is one of service orientation, high performance and personal integrity.
In order to support the Governance cluster, we are looking for a full-time Administrative and Financial Assistant (Cash Flow and Controlling) (100%)
“Administrative and Financial Assistant (Cash Flow and Controlling)”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Providing general administrative and financial services to the programmes.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments etc. for the Programmes.
- Provides administrative support for the Programmes such as answering the phone, sending faxes.
- Holds responsibility for photocopying, assisting, and guiding visitors, assisting in translation of documentation.
- Assists in procuring/contracting goods and services required for the Programmes according to GIZ PuR;
- Assists in preparing and organizing traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities.
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, library and/or other soft and hard documentation for the Programmes.
- Translates Arabic/English documents.
- Supports the Programmes in the public relations measures.
- Supports the Head of Unit.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in accounting, finance, administration, or any management related study
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the Applicant information Form, CV and cover letter, no later than 18th of July 2021 at latest 16:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative and Financial Assistant Cash Flow and Controlling”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form