Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The GIZ/ governance cluster is seeking to fill the position of
“Administrative and Financial Assistant”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Head of Programme Finance and Administration (HoFA) as requested.
- Financial management of cash withdrawals according to GIZ Rules and regulations.
- Reconciles the cash book and cash account daily and reports any surplus or shortfall in cash.
- Reimbursement of team for operational costs.
- Assist in inviting offers, organize purchase orders and procurement of good and services.
Administration and office management
- File documents in reference files and electronically in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Update, store, and maintain documents in reference files and DMS in line with GIZ’s rules.
- Monitors the availability of stocks and consumables and coordinates with Logistics vendors.
- Checking car logs and reimbursement for expenses, and completing vehicles reports.
- Assist in travel arrangement and settlement of cluster staff and partners in line with P&R.
- Assist in the preparation for IC and following up monthly error sheets.
- Assists in organizing, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other activities with a focus on administrative tasks.
- Ensuring all office equipment and software are up-to-date and functioning properly.
- Provides general administrative support to the program including photocopying and scanning.
- Organising and compiling of information materials, and Labels files as needed.
- Runs errands, e.g. paying invoices, delivering and collecting documents.
- Establish contact with various department personnel to assist in solving mutual problems.
- Supports Development Advisors and informs them on GIZ financial and administrative guidelines and ensuring compliance with them.
- Assists in assets acquisition and inventory update and recording.
- Deputize other team members in the pool as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the requested by line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in finance, administration or any related field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience in similar position.
- Flaunt in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Assignment: Starting 01.08.2020
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 4th of July 2020 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative and Financial Assistant”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form