Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for a 100% full time position:
Administrative and Financial Assistant
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to
- Assist the Head of Administration in daily management of programs admin and finance issues
- Financial management of cash withdrawals according to GIZ Rules and regulations. Reconciles the cash book and cash account daily and reports any surplus or shortfall in cash.
- Assist in inviting offers, organize purchase orders and follow-up service contracts
- Assists with planning, organizing, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other activities with focus on administrative issues
- Supporting the Head of Programme Finance and Administration (HoFA) as requested
- Will be directly responsible for the LEAD cashbook and petty cash fund
- Establishes and maintains a filing structure to programmes' files according to GIZ guidelines.
- Provide clerical assistant to the program including photocopying and scanning of documents, organising and compiling of information materials, and Labels files as needed
- Provide general administrative support to the programs, check car logs and reimburse team members for official costs
- Assists in assets acquisition and inventory update and recording
- Carry out the settlement and payment of travel claims
- Performs other duties and tasks as stated in the JD and requested by management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree BA in finance, administration or any related field of study
- At least 1 year of experience in similar position
- Fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Assignment: Starting 1st of February 2020.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than Tuesday 28th of January at 4:00pm.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administrative and Financial Assistant”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form