Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
Agriculture contributes significantly to secure the livelihoods of Palestine's rural population and is an important pillar of its economic development. More and better opportunities for agricultural households to generate additional income counteract increasing rural-urban migration, improve food security and strengthen social structures. The GIZ project “Strengthening Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas” aims to improve the livelihoods of the agricultural population in close cooperation with its Palestinian partners. The GIZ office is located in Al Bireh / Ramallah.
In order to support the above-mentioned project, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Administration and Finance Assistant”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Administrative and financial tasks as specified by the Senior Admin and Finance Officer and the Head of Programme
- Provide administrative / secretarial support for the programme such as answering the phone, sending faxes, assisting and guiding visitors
- Assist in Procuring/contracting goods and services required for the program according to GIZ Regulations
- Assist in preparing and maintaining inventory list and monitor availability of resources; keeping on site asset
- Organize and maintain the office, office equipment and vehicles
- Prepare and organize traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others
- In charge of all logistical and administrative arrangements that are related to workshops, work sessions, seminars, meetings, short-term missions, interns, exhibitions, etc.
- Support in the preparation of visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and makes hotel reservations
- Provide the Risk Management Office with needed list about any visitors, interns, consultants, staff trips inside and outside the country
- Communicate with project partners, GIZ Al-Bireh office, on all logistical and administrative matters related to the project
- Prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings
- Establish, maintain, and update files, GIZ databases, records, and/or other soft and hard documentation, including archive for the Livelihoods Programme
- Support, assist and deputize the Senior Admin and Finance Officer
Financial and Accounting Duties
- Prepare administrative receipts and vouchers for booking
- Prepare quarterly VAT files according to the list provided by the office
- Support the Senior Admin and Finance Officer in managing and following up payments for suppliers, consultants, and others
- Prepare and finalize travel expense calculation for team members and partners
- Collect, revise and make fuel consumption calculation for car logs
- Monitor car insurances and registration and maintenance log with the fleet management
- Handle the programme cash book and guarantee obtaining proper invoices
- Hard copy and filing for procurement and inventory files
- Support Senior and Admin Officer in collecting offers, evaluating and formulating a purchase order for procuring items
Other duties/additional tasks
- Translate Arabic / English documents
- Conduct any other task assigned by the Program’s Senior Admin & Finance Officer or the Head of the Programme
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (BA in Business Administration or similar)
- 2 – 3 years working in a related field with a national or international NGO
- Experience with GIZ (rules and regulations) is an advantage
- Excellent organizing and coordinating skills
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Fluent in Arabic, excellent command of English, German is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills
Assignment: Starting 1st August 2020 until 31st March 2021 with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 6th of July at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Administration and Finance Assistant - Livelihood”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form