CARE Palestine (West Bank/Gaza) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following Part – time vacancy:
Admin/Procurement Assistant- West Bank (Job# 4/2023) – PART TIME
The Admin./Procurement Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and procurement support to CARE projects and operations at CARE Offices in West Bank. The main duties include, but are not limited to; performing administrative tasks, office procurement, preparing letters, purchase and payment requests, and maintaining confidential documents and databases, following up on office supplies and services, and following up on Request for Quotations - RFQs. She/he is also responsible to conduct the procurement transactions in a manner to provide the best value and within established bidding policies. She/he will work directly with the support staff; HR, safety and security, IT, finance, procurement, grants and contracts.
This position reports directly to Assistant Country Director for Operations.
- Administrative Support
- Assist in handling day-to-day administrative tasks and office operations.
- Create, maintain, and update various databases to track periodic charges on a monthly basis (e.g. tracking sheets, procurement status report, health insurance, lease contract, etc).
- Prepare payment requests and purchase office utilities on a monthly basis (e.g. rent, electricity, water, telephone, etc..) and ensure all supporting documents are submitted, accurate and comply with organizational guidelines/ policies/ frameworks.
- Organize meetings and workshops, and arrange visitors' logistics, accommodations when required.
- Draft, edit, and format letters, memos, and other administrative documents as required.
- Ensure a timely follow-up and actions with different stakeholders and authorities regarding office and programs’ related business in close coordination with project managers and respective staff member/s.
- Provide logistical support to staff and projects pertaining to any planned indoor and outdoor activities and events, such as workshops, conferences, retreats, training, etc.
- Procurement Duties
- Assist in conducting procurement transactions in adherence to CARE's established policies and procedures.
- Maintain master procurement plan and project procurement plan updated and revised on monthly basis.
- Conduct market research and obtain quotations from suppliers to facilitate effective decision-making and improve vendor list.
- Follow up on requests for quotations (RFQs) and ensure timely responses from vendors.
- Monitor and track the procurement process to ensure timely delivery of goods and services; update procurement tracker and follow up with relevant teams.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records related to procurement activities.
- Prepare procurement reports and assist in maintaining procurement-related documentation.
- Policy & Regulation Control
- Ensure that the handled procurement and admin processes are in compliance with all CARE procedures on procurement issues as well as donor rules and regulations including GAC, FCDO, ADA, USAID, EU, NORAD, OCHA and other donors.
- Review online Procurement Status Report (PSR) for the office on a weekly basis and clean any outstanding purchases/ unresolved issues.
- Ensure all Purchase orders are dispatched by the end of each accounting period.
- Assist the Finance Department in the preparation of the annual Country office budget.
- Ensure that CARE Palestine fully complies with anti-fraud and corruption, safeguarding policy, and documents all screening result for future reference.
- Using Financial and Grants System PeopleSoft to extract vendor/payee list for submission to the USA and provide necessary support relating to the exercise.
- Program & Projects Support
- Maintain an open and proactive line of communication with projects and provide requestors with updated status of requests and try to inform and involve them in cases of bottlenecks that might cause delay.
- Provide guidance in ensuring that sufficient information is provided for procurement to act upon.
- Provide technical support to projects, projects office and local partners in terms of clarification of procurement standards, donor procurement conditions especially a minimum of three quotes, source and origin, verification of the status of vendors, and obtaining information and providing advice regarding shipping to the field, insurance, etc.
- Develop and maintain contacts with vendors, governmental entities, and other interested parties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Job Profile Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, or any relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of donors' procurement regulations, and compliance (eg. USAID, GAC, BMZ, EU, OCHA, NORAD, FCDO, etc.).
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel (or other spreadsheets).
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Arabic and English.
- Certification in Office Management and/or project management is desirable.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover letter by e- mail to [email protected], to the attention of the HR Department no later than Thursday 21/09/2023 and indicating the job number (4/2023) in the subject line and cover letter. Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all.