CARE Palestine (West Bank/Gaza) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Admin/Procurement Assistant- Gaza (Job# 1/2021)
Summary: The Admin/Procurement Assistant (APA) will perform administrative and procurement support and technical assistance in the delivery of fundamental services to Gaza office. The APA will provide support to the different projects and administration operations. This includes but is not limited to: Administrative tasks, office procurement, filing, preparation of letters, maintaining confidential documents and databases, prepare purchase requests, payment requests for office payments, follow up on Gaza Office supplies and services, and following on RFQs. All procurement transactions are to be conducted in a manner to provide best value and within established bidding policies. APA will work directly with the support staff; HR, fleet, IT, finance, Procurement and contracts in close coordination with Gaza Administration/ Procurement Officer.
Primary activities for the Admin/ Procurement Assistant (APA) include but are not limited to:
· Composes routine correspondence relative to administration and performs a variety of administrative functions which include but are not limited to: managing the reception desk, answering the phones, and supporting staff in admin-related functions.
· Creates and maintains various databases as required. (e.g. tracking sheets, procurement status report, attendance sheets, etc.).
· Organizes meetings and workshops as/when required
- Maintains the Gaza Office petty cash
- Collects and pays Gaza office utilities bills on monthly basis
· Arrange visitors’ logistics and books accommodations (as required).
- Identifies and manages maintenance needs for the Gaza office. This includes but is not limited to: office premises (and liaison with landlords), office equipment, phone systems, air conditioning systems, and alarm systems
· Provide Support to the IT person ensuring that all staff and offices are properly equipped with ICT equipment, including computers, printers, servers, telephones, cell phones, VC, etc.
· Prepare request for negotiated procedures, requests for quotations and/or advertisements
· Arrange bid opening sessions, prepare SBAs and participate in the bid analysis committees in coordination with the Admin/Procurement Officer.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Bachelors of Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration or any related field.
· 2 years’ experience in procurement and Administration.
· knowledge of donors (e.g. GAC, DFAT, BMZ, EU, etc.) procurement regulations and compliance
· Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel (or other spreadsheets) and word processing.
· Excellent verbal and written skills in Arabic and English.
· Ability to operate standard office equipment and filing such as: copiers, LCD projections, fax machines, scanners and conferencing equipment.
- Training in Office Management and/or project management.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft
· Previous employment with a INGO.
· Good computer skills in Access
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than, 24 January 2021 and include the job number (1/2021) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be, contacted for an interview.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all