Base of posting: Nablus
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: December 31, 2023 (Renewable)
Première Urgence Internationale is a French non-profit, non-political, non-religious non-governmental international organization (NGO); which has been operational in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002.
PUI is operating in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip. The organization is working in different fields such as shelter, Food security and livelihoods, Agriculture, Heritage, Economic recovery and Cultural Heritage.
PUI’s humanitarian and development aid strategy focuses on providing support to populations affected by the coercive environment and subsequent violations of international humanitarian/human rights law in both the West Bank (WB) and the Gaza Strip (GS). It combines several sectors of intervention to prevent the loss of livelihoods and displacement of populations as a consequence of protection threats, addresses the lack of services (Health, Education, WASH), and the lack of access to agricultural lands or job opportunities.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the supervision of the West Bank Field Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Finance & Admin Coordinator, the Admin/Finance Officer is responsible for the good management and support for the Nablus base admin & finance departments to achieve their duties. He /She should indirectly make the resources which are necessary for carrying out the programs available and actively participates in the mission’s safety management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the dissemination and respect of the HR guidelines and procedures within the base
- Prepare and/or gather supporting documents related to each local staff contract in the base, such as, PUI card, ID and driving license copies, blood type justification, and insurance card, diploma, work experience, crossed check reference & recommendation letters.
- Prepare local staff contracts and daily workers (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions.
- Follow up on regular bases that all staff HR files are clean signed and has the minimum number of documents based on the HR file checklist.
- Follow on the appraisals and ensuring that each HR file (employee) has all the appraisals required.
- Inserting all related data to the HR software “Homere” and updating them regularly.
- Keeping track of timesheets and days-off and other leaves taken by the staff.
- Preparing payroll calculations at the end of each month using the software Homere and make the calculation of deductions from salaries based on HR regulations
- Lead the recruitment process (advertisement, applications, and interviews) of all staff at base level
- S/he compiles the monthly HR report and submits to the HR at coordination
Financial & Accounting follow up
- Mange petty cash of base and respect the security rules of cash movements in coordination with the CAF.
- Paying all suppliers, vendors, landlord and others in line with PUI’s polices & procedures.
- Systematically update the cashbooks related to base as well as the corresponding Excel spreadsheets.
- Make sure the cash-in and cash-out operations are compliant with the procurement procedures defined by Logistic.
- Doing periodically, cash check and be sure that the cash always equal the cash inventory in the cashbook.
- Ensure that invoices provided are compliant with the administration requirements (key invoice data and corresponding translation) and are given with a receipt of the payment.
- Check that all invoices are exempted from VAT are well stamped.
- To check that all purchase files have the key elements such as PO, contract, DN, and the source at deduction.
- To prepare the bills before doing the data entry into the accounting software (filling-in of the key-data table, including accounting and budget allocation code)
- Sort and copy/scan invoices before sending originals to the Coordination office at the end of each month.
- Excel all transactions (invoices, advances, staff payments, money transfers, money exchanges) in the accounting software (SAGA) with the correct allocation codes (accounting and budget).
- Follow up the bookkeeping process of the bases and be sure that all books are cleaned and correct before closing the month, and be sure to maintain always-clean ledger.
- Doing the required reallocation between projects, lines and bases as requested by the CAF.
- Financial follow up of all WB projects, checking the budget versus the actual spent of each projects before sharing them with the CAF.
- Prepare and update the cash flow forecast of all projects in coordination with the program team using the FFU tool before sharing them with the CAF
- Doing a periodic meeting with the program and MEAL staff on operation follow up of all WB projects.
- Doing a periodic meeting with logistic staff on procurement plans and purchase files for all WB projects.
- Prepare the draft of all WB proposal budgets in coordination with the program team and the CAF.
- Prepare the draft of financial reports for all WB projects before sharing them with the CAF.
- Review and follow up the partner’s financial reports and supporting documents before integrate them in PUI financial reports.
- Provide all the supporting documents for any audit.
Other administrative tasks.
- Translate documents, formal letters, MOUs and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Update the MoUs with CBOs and Local Partners according to the projects’ needs.
- Scan and send scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the HOM, finance contracts and daily administration work.
- Files all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Perform any other related tasks when asked by you supervisor.
- To ensure confidential information that is dealt with in the course of the administration work (regarding human resource, finance or legal issues) remain within the Administration department only and are not shared within or outside PUI.
- Collaborate with other departments by giving all data required to ensure a good follow up and facilitate the administration documents process.
- Any decision related to administrative issues must be approved by the supervisor.
- He / She fulfill all his / her functions according to the standards of the association, i.e. professionalism, discretion, precision and respect of deadlines.
- He / She undertakes to respect PUI’S rules of administrative, financial and operational management
- He / She acts as a guarantor of the image of PUI in the field to local authorities, donors, suppliers and all partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences required:
- University degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experiences.
- INGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements is an asset.
- Desirable Knowledge about different emergency donor financial procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of promoting gender equity, and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalized/vulnerable people in all aspects of PUI’s work
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and heavy workload.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize work.
- Proven ability to plan and manage owns time and others.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor.
- Clean Driving license; ability to move round throughout all WB, Jerusalem & Gaza.
- Nablus residencies are preferable.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups, particularly people with disabilities and people from communities highly affected by occupation-related violence (including settler violence).
All PUI workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the PUI Code of Conduct and policies, including the Protection from Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Child Protection Policy.”
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please fill in the form in the link below:
In addition, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before ___, by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title you are applying for "Admin/ Finance Officer" in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications or Unfilled Forms will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.