PREMIERE-URGENCE INTERNATIONAL (PUI) is an international apolitical and nonprofit organization intervening in more than 20 countries around the world to survive and rebuilds to help people their lives. Première Urgence Internationale merged in 2011 to offer a better range of lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to communities affected or forced to flee from war or disaster.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Admin/ Finance Internship will be assisting for the implementation of the Administrative/ Finance procedures in Ramallah. S/He will assist in carrying-out and following-up all Admin & Finance tasks related to Ramallah. S/He will ensure that the required documentation is available in the finance folder to comply international standards and the national policies of PUI. S/He will ensure that the needs of the coordination office in Ramallah are well complied.
The Admin/Finance Internship will report to the Admin/ Finance/ Log Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources management
- Staff management
- Assist in preparing, gathering and scanning supporting documents related to each local staff contract according to PUI HR checklist to maintain good filing system.
- To participate in recruitment processes (recruitment notice, interviews, invitation to technical tests, and publication of results…)
- Assist in preparing local staff contracts, daily workers contracts and Internships contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions.
- To ensure the good knowledge and respect by all staff of HR procedures and rules.
- To follow up the employment resignation and termination cases.
- Allowance and per diem payments
- To keep track Coordination Office Staff timesheets each month.
- To prepare expat per-diem pay sheets and cash at the beginning of each month.
- Assist in preparing local staff salary sheets and payment at the end of each month (including payment calculations)
Financial & Accounting follow up
- Petty Cash management
- To respect security rules in coordination with the Admin Coordinator.
- To systematically update the cashbooks related to Ramallah Office as well as the corresponding Excel spreadsheets.
- To make sure cash-in and cash-out operations are compliant with the procurement procedures defined by Logistic.
- To keep up-to-date advance slips and advance payments.
- To do the monthly cash inventory at the end of the month and send it to the Admin coordinator.
- To prepare / consolidate the cash flow forecast and send it to the Admin coordinator.
- Invoice management
- To ensure that bills provided by the staff are compliant with the Administration requirements (key invoice data and corresponding translation) and are given with a receipt of the payment.
- To prepare the bills before doing the data entry into the accounting software (filling-in of the key-data table, including accounting and budget allocation code)
- Accounting and month-end closing
- To assist enter through-out the month all transactions (invoices, advances, staff payments, money transfers, money exchanges) in the -cashbooks with the correct allocation codes (accounting and budget).
- To scan the monthly accounting and gather the originals from the basis.
- To prepare receipt vouchers related to suppliers, leasers, partners, beneficiaries,,etc.
- Gather and review all the supporting documents to each entry.
- Communicate with the finance department in the bases to control the financial issues.
- VAT System
- To check that bills exempted from VAT are well stamped based on Palestinian law.
- Answers telephone, directs calls to correct staff member or relay’s messages to staff as required.
- Translate documents, formal letters, MOUs and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Composes routine correspondence and performs a variety of administrative functions which include but are not limited to: typing, word processing, drafting routine correspondence, and transcribing.
- Scan and send scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the HR/Admin coordinator, finance contracts and daily administration work.
- Files all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Maintains record file of all faxes received.
- Follow up the health insurance agreement (reimbursements, additions, cancellation,,,etc.) and policy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fresh graduate.
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements is an asset.
- Desirable Knowledge about different emergency donor financial procedures.
- Valid Driving license; ability to move throughout all WB.
If you believe you have volunteer spirit we are looking for, please submit your CV before June 6, 2020 by sending an email to:
The email subject line should include the following position name: Admin/ Finance Internship.