CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Accountant is under the Finance Manager, s/he will be responsible for the following:-
- Analyze and evaluate processes and all financial data into computerized accounting system to assist in conducting financial reports on all levels;
- Verify all payment requests and ensure compliance with projects budgets and SIF internal rules and regulations;
- Assure that original invoices, receipts or contracts are available upon payment and systematically archived following SIF procedures;
- Assist administrative staff in daily finance and administrative tasks including cash book recording payments processes, management and input of financial data and supporting documents;
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly, monitor bank account balances and transfer funds as needed;
- Assist payment of monthly payroll and related taxes;
- Prepare and monitor budget against actual expense on routine basis;
- Assist administrative staff in communications with local external contacts (such as partners, banks, public administration offices and institutions, auditors and suppliers);
- Assist in the management of SIF’s assets and maintain continuous asset inventory periodically and upon request plus management of warehouse movement (in and out);
- Support partners in the financial management and follow-up of projects;
- Contact the partners for their periodic reports and supporting documents and make the needed revision and compliance according to the signed contracts and SIF regulations;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in accounting, financial management or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience;
- Minimum 3 years of proven field experience in relevant field;
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, and modern accounting-systems, knowledge the SAGA program is an advantage;
- Very good written and spoken English.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 11th April 2018 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer