Yaboos Charity society was founded in Rafah in 2001. It seeks to develop and strengthen the capacities of youth and childcare and improve the standard of living of poor families through studying the social and humanitarian situation and working on implementing programs that meet these needs through a professional team.
JOB PURPOSE: We are looking to hire an Accountant to work closely with the Financial Team to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Major Duties & Activities:
Including ensuring the timely achievement of:
- Supports the finance officer in matters relating to overall Yaboos accounting
- Insert all accounting transactions into the Golden Asseal Accounting system, and ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Ensure full support documentation for all transactions and in compliance with the institution’s and donor's policies and procedures.
- Producing accurate financial reports to donors in accordance with the institution’s and donors’ policies and regulations.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during different types of institution’s and projects’ audits.
- Safeguard the institution’s assets and ensure compliance with the institution’s manuals, donor contracts, and agreements.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Finance Officer.
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested and needed by the managers.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree from recognized university in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in accounting position and preferable in NGOs. - t.
- living in Rafah Governorate.
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and rigid timeframes in difficult circumstances.
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours.
The candidates must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of NGOs & donors financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- The candidates must maintain confidentiality, use sound judgment and perform independently.
- Readiness to work within a team.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues, suppliers and partners.
- Maintain standards of conduct & demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Be respectful, flexible, consistent and fair.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to prepare reports and handle correspondences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, departmental officials and partners.
- Experience with Golden Asseal Accounting system.
- Proficiency in using a range of office software, including MS/Word, Outlook, Excel, Email.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and issue financial information in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities.
Candidates with experience in the mentioned fields are encouraged to apply for this position, filling out the application form online through Apply Now button below
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email Accountant.
Deadline for submission: Must be delivered before 03:00 PM on Friday 9th March 2018.