Job Title: Accountant [Full Time]
Job Location: Ramallah - Palestine
Reports to: Accountant
Starting date: Immediately
General Description of PACES
In response to the difficult circumstances in which the Palestinian children live, the Palestinian Association for Children's Encouragement of Sports - PACES - was founded in June of 2006 with the central aim of providing sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys, and creating sanctuaries that are both healthy and fun, and to contribute to the overall development of the communities involved.
General Description of the Role:
The Accountant works under direct supervision of the Regional Finance and Admin. Officer to input all financial transactions for Palestine and reviews data input of financial transactions for Jordan and Lebanon. The accountant is responsible for all financial archiving of documents and preparation of monthly data for reporting purposes and inter-related operational services to ensure high quality outputs, confidentiality, accuracy and consistency of work.
Furthermore, the accountant is responsible for developing and implementing Asset Management and filing / archiving systems that ensure the proper functioning of the organization.
The accountant works in close collaboration with senior management and country manager as required in exchanging information and supporting program delivery as well as promoting a quality and results-oriented approach consistent with PACES rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Transaction data input, Control & Audit.
- Prepare payments of PACES and make sure of appropriate supporting documents.
- Input all financial transaction data on Bisan Accounting Program.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for Palestine while review and audit the reconciled sheets per bank statements completed by the Country Manager.
August-2017 Page 2
- Reconcile Petty Cash transactions.
- Initial review of budgets submissions by Country Manager to ensure all budgeted items are within the approved general budget per category.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, and coordination with local authorities on administrative matters. This includes but not limited to coordination with PwC to collect Salary receipts for Jerusalem Staff; and tax & insurance vouchers to be paid monthly.
a) Assets Management
- Coordination of asset management, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items with the Country Manger and regional staff where applicable.
- Ensure proper inventory control; supervise of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies. Prepare effective application of tracking system for asset management, procurement, and financial procedures.
b) File Management
- Create a central management system of key hard copy files and electronic copies as needed, including Agreements, Contracts, Reports, Evaluations, etc
- Participate in the development and coordination of the centralized file management system.
Other Duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a recognized university;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in Accounting, with NGO’s is a plus.
- Experience with BISAN accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural);
- Proven report and proposal writing skills particularly in English;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Applications and in handling of web-based management systems;
- Must be residing in Ramallah
- Holds a clean driving license is a plus.
Note: These Terms of Reference only serve as a guide for the position. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (preferably in English) no later than 31 August 2017 to
indicating the vacant position (Accountant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.