The Agricultural Development Association (PARC) is implementing a wastewater collection system in Anin Village/ Jenin Governorate as part of the” Innovative Demonstration on Sustainable Integrated Management of Wastewater and Reclaimed Water Use in North West Bank – Palestine” project funded by the EU and the local community.
PARC is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Site Engineer under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
The Site Engineer will be required to undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily works and daily activities handled by the contractor at the project site and assuring the required quality of works as requested in the contract documents.
- Review and verify the bid tender documents of the project (design, bill of quantities, drawings, and technical specifications) to ensure their accuracy and applicability.
- Check the Contractor’s works and notify the Contractor of any defects found with regards to the quality of the work or materials and equipment incorporated in the project, including those found in performing the required sampling and testing.
- Supervise all project works and ensure compliance with technical specifications and drawings.
- Review shop drawings, as-built drawings and material submitted by the contractor.
- Follow up on the different materials testing and relevant approvals as needed.
- Review the Contractor’s work schedules and updates; closely monitor the work progress and budget utilization to ensure compliance with the project duration and cost.
- Measure, record and review payment requests for the executed works submitted by the contractor.
- Maintain a filing system for all site memos, instructions, as well as internal/external correspondences, measured quantities of works, materials on site, reports, and other documents pertaining to the construction activities.
- Review the contractor’s daily reports and prepare monthly progress reports.
- Study and provide written report on any claim by the contractor and/or variation of orders.
- Follow up and coordinate with PARC/PWA/JSC/Anin VC/ Consultants/Contractor and provide full documentation/reports on progress on the ground.
- Prepare regular briefings and reports to the Project Manager and ensure production of timely reports.
- Actively participate in the regular meetings with the contractor, project manager, and partners.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental measures at the job site.
- Assist in the preparation for any field visits requested for visitors/donors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc. Degree in Civil Engineering / Wastewater Engineering
- Minimum 5 years practical experience working in site supervision of wastewater collection systems construction
- Excellent command of English language (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and for long hours as needed at the job site
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Competent in construction management/supervision of sanitation projects, resolving site problems, communication and documentation
- Experience in construction standards in Palestine
- Valid driving license
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة