Ahil Arab Hospital (AAH) is a local health not for profit organization, providing health care for all Gaza residents. Further, AAH implements several health projects to support marginalized communities in particular women and children. AAH operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
Ahli Arab Hospital is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Project Manager for a USAID funded project spanning a total of 12 months period at the first stage (extendable). The Project Manager will provide overall management of all project activities and staff. S/he will have responsibility for representation of the project and will be responsible for financial, HR, monitoring and evaluation activities of the project.
Key responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
under the guidance of the Hospital General Director the Project Manager shall:
- Responsible for developing, planning and implementing project activities in coordination with donors and partners.
- Ensure effective implementation of the project activities as per the overall plan and budget in the project design document
- Responsible and accountable for the performance of the project in terms of outputs, quality, efficiency and compliance with USAID, IMC and AAH rules and policies
- Daily follow-up, supervision and guide project implementation work. Ensure that all implemented activities in the field well supervised and met the required standards.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with Ahli Arab Hospital, International Medical Corps (IMC), Project Partners and other key stakeholders
- Development of quarterly, six monthly and annual plans and budgets for the project implementation according to the project design document.
- Provide induction, training, coaching, mentoring and advice to supervised staff to ensure that they understand and carry out their responsibilities effectively.
- Responsible for planning and organizing the activities and allocating work amongst the project teams.
- Control expenditure and disbursement to ensure compliance with USAID financial policy and procedures, track and monitor project budget and expenditure, Approve expenditure after necessary procedures.
- Lead the development of an effective monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) plan in line with overall logical framework matrix.
- Partnership Relationship management and Networking: Support Partner appraisal and selection process, the development of MOUs.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating project work plan monthly project report and project management follow-up tool in line with completion of targets and progress.
- Responsible for preparing monthly , quarterly and final project reports .
- Ensures that all needed information/figures necessary for reporting are well tracked and recorded
- University degree (preferably Master’s Degree) in Management, Economic Development, Business Administration and other related specialties.
- Over 5 years Project management experience in projects management, of which 2 years must be in a senior project management position. (preferably health projects).
- USAID/UN/World Bank project management experience or previous employment on a USAID-funded project is preferred.
- Candidate should be supportive of the mission and core values of Ahli Arab Hospital, IMC and USAID.
- Strong leadership and management capacity with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and work under pressure on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
To download the application for this position, please Click Here . please fill in the application and send it with a cover letter and CV to
No later than 12th June 2017 and kindly include your name in the subject line followed by “Project Manager”. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.