Burj Al-Luqluq Social Center Society is a Palestinian non-governmental organization that works on translating funds into programs and projects by providing quality, efficient and effective services aimed to enhance the positive impact on the social, economical, and cultural level for the local community in old city of Jerusalem in response to the needs of their citizens.
The establishment of Burj Al-Luqluq Social Center Society was designed to develop local citizens in east Jerusalem areas of responsiveness, self-sufficiency, decentralization and creditworthiness. It was established to achieve efficiency, reform and transparency as part of the effort to build an independent citizens.
Burj Al-luqluq is looking for a nominated, motivated, qualified person who will fill the position of Psychosocial Counselor.
The Psychosocial counselor will be responsible for the psychosocial interventions of the “Fostering socio-economic empowerment and protection of vulnerable Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem – Phase II” Project’ activities that are in charge to Burj Al-LuqLuq that aim at promoting positive development, effective coping and resilience of the beneficiaries living in the old city of Jerusalem, in addition to responding to psychological problems by strengthening the social and psychological support for the children who have been exposed to situations harmful for their psychological development.
The target populations for his/her intervention in addition to children are youth and women living in the old city of Jerusalem.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and conduct psychosocial support sessions for children, youth and women that live in the old city and benefit from activities of the center.
- Organize and run family visit in the old city of Jerusalem.
- When needed, update the assessment and monitoring tools.
- Adopt the pre and post assessment for beneficiaries’ benefiting from the psychosocial service.
- Develop plan of action for each support group and coordinate closely with the Project coordinator.
- Prepare monthly detailed narrative report of the activities.
- Refer cases that need further follow to specialized services.
- To carry out any other responsibilities in assisting and as considered necessary by the project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and experience needed:
- Bachelor degree in psychology or any related field
- Minimum three years relevant experience in psychosocial support field, preferably in humanitarian response and/or experience working in community centers.
- Experience in working with children, youth and adults.
- Fluent Arabic and English.
- Computer literacy
This position is a part time position and days and dates will be fixed with the project coordinator. This position requires flexibility in the duties performed and in the working hours, that may be outside the usual office hours when needed.
It is expected that a successful applicant will be open-minded, creative, and holds herself/himself to high personal standards. Interested applicants should send a one-page letter of interest and updated CV on [email protected]. Deadline of submitting applications will be on 28th November 2019 at 14:00.