Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
Agriculture contributes significantly to secure the livelihoods of Palestine's rural population and is an important pillar of its economic development. More and better opportunities for agricultural households to generate additional income counteract increasing rural-urban migration, improve food security and strengthen social structures. The federally owned enterprise Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. The GIZ project “Strengthening Sustainable Livelihoods in Rural Areas” aims to improve the livelihoods of the agricultural population in close cooperation with its Palestinian partners. Therefore, a multilevel approach will be applied that includes measures (1) to increase the capacities of the Ministry of Agriculture – in particular of its extension departments – to deliver improved advisory services and planning processes to the rural population, (2) to improve the conditions for increased agricultural productivity (e.g. water availability), and (3) to improve the conditions for income generation and employability in Palestine’s agricultural sector (e.g. market access). Interventions are planned in the district of Hebron and the northwest of the West Bank (Tulkarem, Qualqilia). The office is located in Al Bireh / Ramallah.
In order to support the GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a Full-Time Intern:
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative / secretarial support for the program such as answering the phone, sending faxes, assisting and guiding visitors, assisting in the translation of documentation;
- Assist in procuring/contracting goods and services required for the program according to GIZ Regulations;
- Assist in preparing and maintaining inventory list and monitor the availability of resources;
- Organize and maintain the office and office equipment and vehicles;
- Prepare and organize traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others;
- In charge of all logistical and administrative arrangements that are related to the Livelihoods Programme workshops, work sessions, seminars, meetings, short-term missions, exhibitions, etc.;
- Communicate with project partners and GIZ Al-Bireh office, on all logistical and administrative matters related to the project;
- Prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings;
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases (including DMS), records, and/or other soft and hard documentation for the Livelihoods Programme;
- Support, Assist, and Deputize the Program’s Senior Admin & Finance Officer.
- Prepare the weekly staff meeting and takes minutes.
Financial and Accounting Duties
- Assist the Program’s Senior Admin & Finance Officer in preparing administrative receipts and vouchers for booking and VAT;
- Assist the Program’s Senior Admin & Finance Officer in preparing invoices, managing and following up payments for suppliers, consultants, others;
- Assist in preparing travel expense calculation for team members and partners;
- Assist in preparing and calculating car log;
- Assist in hard copy filing and DMS Filling
Other duties/additional tasks
- Translate Arabic/English documents;
- Conduct any other task assigned by the Program’s Senior Admin & Finance Officer.
- Support the office in the public relations measures;
- Conduct any other activities assigned by the AV.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (fresh graduate) in the area of Administration & Finance
- in-depth knowledge of accounting software
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic
- Team and solution-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
Assignment: Starting 01.09.2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and a challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 31st of July 2019 at 12:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship-Livelihoods”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.