Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam Novib in OPTI is looking for a Gender Justice Project Officer
The Naseej Project is a regional project tackling one of the main issues that is affecting the realization of women’s empowerment, Gender Based violence and Sexual Reproductive Health Rights. The Project targets three countries Yemen, Iraq and the Occupied Palestinian Territory, the project aims to contribute to more gender-equitable societies in Iraq, Yemen, and OPT, in which women and girls live free from violence across all spheres of life (overall objective) and to support civil society to effectively prevent and respond to SGBV during conflict (specific objective).
Job Purpose - Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The PO will contribute towards achieving Oxfam’s Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) Country Strategy objectives, and achieving the Gender Justice Program strategy under Oxfam’s Gender Justice program, in addition to lead on the implementation of the Nassej Project in OPT.
The PO reports directly to the Gender Justice Program Manager.
Project management (70%)
- You will coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities, including field visits, according to the approved project proposals, budgets, and action plans;
- You will provide technical support including capacity building to Oxfam’s implementing partners and sub-grantees (CSOs, WROs and CBOs) and facilitate and/or arrange for external technical support if required in close consultation with the Gender Justice Program Manager;
- You will ensure that narrative and financial reporting and other donor requirements (such as audits) are met in line with donor agreements and Oxfam policies and routing procedures as advised by the Institutional Funding staff;
- You will oversee budget disbursal in line with the agreed action plans, targets, and deadlines in close coordination with the Financial Officer/s;
- You will initiate, implement and facilitate activities concerning knowledge & information management and exchange with implementing partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of the projects based on lessons learned;
- You will coordinate and facilitate project meetings and field visits at the country level with project partners and related stakeholders;
- You will ensure that the (digital) archiving of the project activities is correctly done and maintained.
- You will ensure that programs and activities adhere to Oxfam Country Strategy, MENA region Gender Justice Strategy, and Gender Justice Backbone Document.
- You will follow up on partners’ and sub-grantee activities under the programs and hold regular meetings to discuss partnership.
Contribute to the development of Gender Justice programs and proposals to institutional donors (20%)
- You will engage in proactive fundraising, program development and submissions to institutional donors in line with Oxfam’s program cycle; together with Oxfam’s partner organizations and key stakeholders in full coordination with the Gender Justice Manager and Institutional Funding staff and other relevant Oxfam staff.
Manage the relationship with Internal External Stakeholders (10%)
- You will represent Oxfam’s work on Gender Justice and Gender Based Violence both internally and externally;
- You will coordinate with a range of internal and external stakeholders and allies to ensure that the implementation the project are complimentary to and in line with Oxfam’s OPTI country strategy, Gender Justice Program Strategy and Oxfam’s Gender Justice Strategy in the MENA region;
- When required, you will prepare stories, presentations and/or input for any other written materials for external communication on the projects and communicate complex information to a wide audience;
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and value as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights .
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Advanced academic degree in development studies, social sciences, law or related field, specialization in gender and/or Women’s studies.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of development & humanitarian cooperation preferably with an I/NGO in similar contexts;
- At least 3 years of work experience in Gender Justice programmes/projects.
- Extensive knowledge on GBV and SRHR.
- Knowledge of the context in OPTI, more specifically civil society context and space.
- Commitment to a rights-based approach and gender equality, women's rights and feminist thought.
- Solid understanding of gender concepts and latest developments in Gender Justice policy and practice and proven experience in using different gender analysis frameworks and tools, and different tools related to GBV.;
- Experience in organisational analysis & partnership with local civil society organizations, grant management, sub-granting & program development and monitoring, evaluation and learning to support development programs.
- Experience and knowledge of project cycle management, including monitoring, technical and financial reporting;
- Extensive experience (at least 3 years) with donor contract management with complex coordination and reporting structures/processes
- Experience and knowledge on GBV in conflict and crisis affected contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflows and balance competing priorities
- Proven experience of successful capacity building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent level of spoken and written in English and Arabic.
- Experience and knowledge on gender in conflict and crisis affected contexts.
- Excellent social skills and demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team
- Travel to Gaza and the West Bank on a regular basis.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Knowledgeable about the key issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with particularly on its impact on women’s rights and gender justice.
- Knowledge and experience of Oxfam’s programme work and approaches
- Knowledge of partner assessments and management
- Experience in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and accountability of gender in emergencies;
- Experience in Gender Mainstreaming throughout the programme cycle
- Experience of around 5 years in the field of Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)
- Strategic vision and analytical capacity.
- Ability to influence and liaise effectively with key stakeholders and represent in high profile environments.
- Skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, social networks
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range 126,309- 189,463 ILS gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة ; by no later than May 5th 2019.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.