Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent humanitarian medical aid organization committed to two objectives: providing medical aid whenever needed, regardless of race, religion, politics or gender, and raising awareness of the plight of the people who helps. MSF is working in more than 70 countries all around the world.
MSF –Spain is carrying out a psychological support program with medical and social component. The aim is to provide short-term psychotherapy to people affected by violence and conflict.
MSF-Spain is currently seeking a Base and Facilities Officer for its office in Jerusalem which supports our Mental Health and Psycho-social Project in Hebron, and Mental Health project in Gaza.
Main purpose of the position:
The Base and Facilities Officer is expected to
carry out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, purchases, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- Secondary School Education
- Good level of English, ability to communicated in Hebrew
- Prior experience in an INGO.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel within Israel, West Bank, Gaza.
- Ability to drive in Israel/West Bank
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience, a good driving record.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
Interested applicants please send your C.V. and motivation letter in English, by e-mail only to:
[email protected] (subject: “Base and Facilities Officer”)
Deadline for receiving applications is 12/08/2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be received