JOB VACANCY: PUBLIC RELATIONS AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER
Based in Birzeit, The Palestinian Circus School (PCS) is looking to hire a full-time Public Relations and Fundraising Officer.
By teaching, creating, performing and programming circus arts, the Palestinian Circus School strengthens the creative, social and physical potential of Palestinians, seeking to engage and empower them to become constructive actors in society and raises local and international awareness about the positive Palestinian potential and its different challenges
- Plan, develop and administer fundraising activities/events.
- Research funding opportunities and raise funds for PCS activities.
- Establish relations with new donors.
- Represent PCS in local events and in meetings with current/potential donors.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with donor organizations.
- Write proposals, concept papers, letters of inquiry and presentations.
- Write reports for existing donors on projects under implementation.
- Respond to donors’ requests for information in a timely and relevant manner.
- Proof-read English-language communications.
- Work with the financial officer to develop proposal budgets and financial reports.
- Compile quarterly and annual reports on PCS activities.
- Develop attractive presentation materials for existing and potential donors.
- Assist with logistical/technical implementation of projects as needed.
- BA degree in social sciences, communications or any other related field.
- Excellent English (written/spoken).
- Strong Arabic language skills (native speaker preferred).
- 3-4 years’ experience in fundraising and grant-writing in the non-profit sector.
- Proposal writing and presentation experience.
- Strong knowledge of proposal-writing tools (log frames, indicators, monitoring and evaluation tools).
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Very strong organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Team worker.
- Ability to travel throughout the West Bank (East Jerusalem is a plus).
- Preferred - Good knowledge and understanding of the cultural sector in Palestine.
Please send your CV and cover letter (in English) to:
Application deadline: October 21
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews and written tests will be held between end of October and mid of November.
Remark: Applicants who have applied for this position should not reapply.