The Palestinian Circus School - PCS – www.palcircus.ps is looking for a full-time circus trainer starting in January 2019.
ABOUT THE PALESTINIAN CIRCUS SCHOOL (PCS)
PCS is an arts education and creation organization. The organization was founded in 2006, under the guidance of Shadi Zmorrod and Jessika Devlieghere and has grown under their leadership. The mission of PCS is to support the educational and personal development of children in challenging and underprivileged circumstances, and to promote the empowerment of youth through the arts while assisting them to become positive actors in society.
A free Palestine in which Palestinians engage in a dynamic cultural and artistic life that embraces creativity, freedom of expression and diversity as the main pillars for a just and inclusive society.
By teaching, creating, performing and programming circus arts, the Palestinian Circus School strengthens the creative, social and physical potential of Palestinians, seeking to engage and empower them to become constructive actors in society and raises local and international awareness about the positive Palestinian potential and its different challenges.
PCS currently works with 250 children and young adolescents, offering them - on average - 100 hours of circus classes on a yearly basis, through weekly circus clubs and yearly summer camps. PCS develops circus shows that it tours locally and internationally as a way to spread hope, pride and dignity among the Palestinian population and to develop and promote the Palestinian creativity.
PCS wish to hire a circus trainer to join its team of trainers. The circus trainers work at the educational department of the PCS. The educational department offers Circus training sessions -100 hours on average- on a yearly basis for around 250 Children and young adolescents. The circus Trainers are will use the training methodology developed by the PCS and will also be have responsibilities to develop the methodology, evaluate it and evaluate the students. PCS uses the concept of Social circus in it is training methodology; where circus techniques are combined with the development of social attitude and skills of the Trainees.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Have minimum 2 year of experience in circus training and performing.
- Have the capacity of teaching in at least the two the following skills: aerial (tissue/ trapeze / rope) and acro-lifting.
- Speaks Arabic fluently and Have a good knowledge of English.
- Be a team player.
- The ability to travel inside and outside Palestine to deliver training sessions to different groups.
- Experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Critical thinking.
The main tasks are:
- Deliver circus trainings in the weekly circus clubs (8 hours per day) from Tuesday until Saturday between September to May.
- Give Circus trainings during Summer Camps organized by PCS between June-August.
- Train and support our local trainers that train beginners in circus skills.
- Give advanced technical training (and where possible pedagogical training) to the trainers of the PCS.
- Support in preparing all trainings with the team of trainers + evaluating the classes and students on a regular basis
- Support in the development of training manuals.
- Take part in the preparation and set-up of shows (moving the equipment’s, setting up the stage, take care of accessories)
Next to that as a team member of the PCS we expect you to:
- Actively participate in all operational planning meetings of the staff.
- Be flexible in supporting the general functioning of the organization.
We can’t secure a work visa for international applicants.
If you are interested, please contact us, with a motivation letter and your CV in Arabic or English, and all possible links to visual materials of your work (website, video, pictures ...) before December 27th, 2018 to [email protected].