Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Procures materials and equipment locally, monitor markets, issues invitations to tender and processes orders in accordance with GIZ regulations
- Enters and maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft.
- Provide support in processing service contracts related to GIZ Office and Programs.
- Ensure that all procurement and contract requests are according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Ensure all related documents are available and do the necessary hard and soft copies filing.
- Photocopies and scans documents as needed, filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ’s filling rules and treating information confidentially.
- Reports without delay to the person responsible on all problems in administration and compliance with rules and processes complaints.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- BA/ MSc in business management with a focus on finance, Business Administration, controlling, purchasing or contract management or similar area.
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Flexibility, organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Fluent in Arabic, very good knowledge of English (oral and written), ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Assignment: Starting 1st September 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 21 July 2017.
Kindly state in the email subject “Procurement officer”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.