Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, USAID West Bank Teacher Training Program
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an expected USAID Pre-Service Professional Development Program in the West Bank. The program will aim to improve the relevancy and quality of teacher education diploma programs that target pre-service teachers.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will focus on enhancing the monitoring and evaluation capacity of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education as well as the participant higher education institutions. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring robust performance monitoring and evaluation that supports the achievement of the program objectives.
The position is contingent on funding. Citizens of the West Bank are encouraged to apply.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist higher education institutions in developing a rigorous M&E system in their quality control units
- Assist the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in modifying its M&E system to incorporate M&E tools for pre-service teacher education
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan across all program components including identification of process, output, and outcome indicators
- Develop monitoring activities that capture necessary data to report on result
- Ensure monitoring activities are conducted on schedule and participate in evaluations
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to IREX staff and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners
- Be a primary M&E resource to the field office and field personnel; liaise regularly with IREX’s M&E team in DC
- Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities
Produce M&E reports for the Chief of Party and donors, as needed
- Develop annual performance plans
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience implementing M&E activities, preferably of international development projects
- At least 2 years of experience working on educational development/teacher training activities
- A Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, education or related field. BA degree with 10 years of relevant experience also considered
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages in the West Bank or the MENA region required
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, and developing and refining data collection tools
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English and Arabic is required
- Must have proven record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences
Click on "Apply" below and supply a resume and cover letter through our website.