Catholic Relief Services
Jerusalem, West Bank, & Gaza (JWBG)
Catholic Relief Services is an international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in the Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza since 1961. The CRS JWBG country program currently supports development/relief programs and activities in the sectors of civil society, humanitarian assistance, youth empowerment, education, and peace & justice. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is seeking a highly qualified trainer as per the following scope of work:
Through the generous donation of the Schmidt Family Foundation, CRS and local partner Basma Society for Culture and Arts (Basma) are working together to engage conflict-affected children in cultural and artistic activities. These activities help to facilitate positive coping, self-expression, and ultimately, healing from trauma. The project uses a creative art methodology (CAM) involving the performance of live puppet shows throughout the Gaza strip. The CAM methodology is based on an innovative puppet-based approach to dealing with emotions, strengthening interpersonal relationships, and promoting emotional and social resilience.
Catholic Relief Services CRS and Basma will roll out puppet shows to 2,000 children between the ages of 6-12 attending CRS-supported child-friendly community centers located in Gaza and Middle Governorates. Following each performance, puppeteers will hold interactive discussions with children to deepen the children’s engagement with the play’s messages.
Scope of Work:
In partnership with Basma Society for Culture and Arts, CRS-JWBG is seeking a professional Media Trainer to provide 5 training days on photography and filmmaking to equip the trainees with the basic skills and knowledge for documentation purposes.
The training key focus will be on the following topics:
Photography skills: how to use the camera, take photographs, editing.
- Filmmaking: Mainly focus on scenario development and filming footage, with little highlight on video editing.
Note: Basma society has two Cameras:
- The photo camera: Canon D 700
- The video camera: Panasonic AG-90A
Responsibilities of the Media Trainer:
- Prepare a training plan which covers the training’s methodology, training matrix, training tools, and timeframe and evaluation techniques. It should have submitted to CRS for approval.
- Submit clear training material for the theoretical and practical parts. It should have submitted to CRS for approval.
- Deliver 5 training days according to clear agenda and timeframe.
- Bring the required equipment (photos Cameras/video Cameras) to be used in training and to be sufficient to the number of participants.
- Deliver feedback from the trainees at the end of training.
The Media Trainer will be responsible for completing the following deliverables:
- Training material covers the theoretical and practical parts.
- Delivering theoretical and practical 5 training days.
- Final report covers the 5 training days with pictures and evaluation.
- Written description for each camera buttons with clear guidelines for better usage.
- The primary language for the final report is expected to be in English.
Timeline and important dates:
- Submission of training materials: October 17, 2017
- The training will be scheduled for 5 days between the period of October 21, 2017 and October 26, 2017
CRS will pay the Media Trainer based on successful completion of deliverables. Each candidate should submit their best financial offer (based on the deliverables).
How to apply:
Interested applicants with relevant experience are encouraged to apply as follows:
Application form and complete Terms of Reference
Submit the following:
- Statement: How your experience will ensure successful completion of this service.
- Proposed agenda for a Training (Arabic or English)
- A sample of the work by the trainer related to the training topics
- List of equipment to be used (Please include as much detail as possible)
- Financial Offer. Please note: All costs for equipment are at the Media Trainer’s expense. Please keep this in mind as you submit your best financial offer.
All the above-mentioned documents should be saved as a compressed file and uploaded to the system. Please submit your complete application online
no later than October 17, 2017.
CRS reserves the right to reject all bids, and to decide not to pursue this procurement. CRS is not obliged to procure the lowest priced offer, when the lowest price does not offer the best overall value, all other factors considered.
For any questions, kindly contact CRS at firstname.lastname@example.org.