Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the programme “TVET and Labour Market Programme”, we are looking for a full time
“Junior Administrative Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to NAWI Cluster programmes in the daily management of programme Financial and Administrative issues.
- Financial management of cash withdrawals according to GIZ Rules and regulations.
- Reconciles the cash book and cash account daily and reports any surplus or shortfall in cash.
- Supports the Head of Administration in monitoring expenses in accordance with the budget.
- Follows up the completion of payments to suppliers and consultants.
- Establishes and maintains a filing structure to programmes' files according to GIZ guidelines.
- Supports the Head of Administration in handling internal and external audits.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- University degree in business administration with a focus on accounting or related area.
- Basic knowledge of accounting software.
- Excellent written and oral command of English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure.
Assignment: Starting November 1st, 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 9th October 2017.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Admin Officer- TEP”.
Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.