Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for a
Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant)
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to
- Assist in collecting and completing the required information/ documents that related to the monthly salary calculations of national personnel.
- Assist in the filling and completing monthly income tax requirements for national personnel.
- File local payroll processes and the related HR documentations.
- Completeness of confidential personnel files, employee records and ensure personnel files are up to date.
- Perform electronic archiving, which includes scanning and filing documents as required and treating them with confidentially, in line with GIZ’s filling rules.
- Translate short documents (Arabic to English, and vice versa).
- Assist in the preparation of the scheduling interviews and recruitment process; in cooperation with relevant staff members.
- Assist the senior HR Officer in the preparation of the health and workmen’s compensation insurance calculations and documentation.
- Assist in the filling and completing NP’s monthly income tax requirements.
- Support the senior HR officer in following up with the housekeepers work schedules.
- Prepare and edit routine memoranda, agendas, correspondence, official letters and other relevant documents for National Personnel.
- Handle scheduling arrangements for meetings, interviews, etc., held by the HR Department.
- Perform other duties and correspondence related to HR matters as requested by the management.
Required Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, public or business administration or any related field of study.
- 1-2 years of experience in similar position in an international organisation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to Human Resources information.
- Fast learner and ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Fluent in Arabic, very good knowledge of English (oral and written); German language is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, identify errors, meet inflexible deadlines.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies MS Office application (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet and outlook, word, excel, Power Point. etc.)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed -Accurate, reliable, open-minded, and positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively.
Assignment: Starting 1st September 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than July 27, 2017
Kindly state in the email subject “HR Assistant”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.