Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for a Security Advisor
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to
The Security Advisor is responsible for:
- Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting a security activities Risk Management Office (RMO) and carries out other activities required for implementing these components
- Coordinates the use of office and transport capacities in agreement with the other related staff
- Assists the team leader with all organizational and management issues
- Develops and maintains contact with international and national organizations
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts of German Development Corporation (GDC)
- Ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information
- Conducting security briefings where required and preparing material for security briefings
- Writing and giving daily and weekly analysis on relevant security and political developments
- In coordination with other RMO staff, do permits coordination to Israel, Gaza, West Bank and Jordan. Maintain the data bases system
- Assist in maintaining the white card system and database
- Conducting security and actor analyses for the areas where GDC works, on request. Update analyses to keep all assessments current
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (or equivalent) in political science, international studies or equivalent field
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in an international NGOs in a comparable position.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Ideally a knowledge of German and Hebrew
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Knowledge of analysis tools
- Willingness to travel
- Able to work after hours and some weekends when required. Able to do regular standby duty
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment: Starting 01 September 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application by email comprising your CV and cover letter until 16 August 2017, to the following address:
Kindly state in the email subject „Security Advisor“ Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.