Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for a Junior Security Advisor
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to
The Junior Security Advisor is responsible for:
- Puts together an overview of project/ programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings.
- Supports incident monitoring and updates information on security database, analyses and security presentations
- Assists with recording and documenting all databases, lists, phone cascades
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects
- In consultation with the manager or expert, prepares and carries out qualitative research and analyses (developing instruments, training field staff, organizational preparation in the field, collecting and analyzing data)
- Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (email, fax and other official documents).
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations
- Establishes a project database
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on coordination, briefings and missions
- Assembles data on project sites and keeps an inventory list
- Organizes and updates project/programme documentation, the filing systems and the project/programme library
- Develops training requirements and schedules for First Aid trainings, Emergency route trainings, Health and Safety trainings
- Carries out basic training in health and safety and Site Security Assessments
- Update of all maps for security briefings and analyses
- Does Site security assessments on office buildings, GDC staff accommodations, hotels and project sites.
- Assists other security advisors and deputies them in their absence.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (or equivalent) in political science, international studies or equivalent field
- Professional experience in an international NGOs in a comparable position.
Initial experience (internship or similar) in Security/ Risk Management/ analyses in a comparable position.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Ideally a knowledge of German
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email) and mapping software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Be able to work over hours and weekends if necessary, be available for standby duty on a regular basis.
Assignment: Starting 01 September 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application by email comprising your CV and cover letter until 16 August 2017, to the following address:
Kindly state in the email subject „Junior Security Advisor“ Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.