United Palestinian Appeal (UPA) www.upaconnect.org, is seeking an experienced project coordinator to oversee a UPA youth empowerment project in the West Bank, Palestine.
This project will be the first phase of UPA’s Youth Empowerment Program, which is designed to promote unity among Palestinian youth across the West Bank and to empower them to become decision-makers in their own communities. Project activities will provide youth with access to volunteer opportunities in different cities, villages, and/or refugee camps in the West Bank, allowing them to connect with youth in those localities, contribute to the development of those localities, and transcend the barriers of geography, occupation, regionalism, and classism that so often divide the Palestinian people. Furthermore, the project will provide leadership training to youth in three locations in the West Bank and will support youth-led projects that seek to address community problems in a creative, sustainable, and realistic way.
The coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating and implementing the project activities in line with the project objectives and UPA’s vision and mission. The candidate will work under the supervision of the Programs Manager (West Bank) and will liaise with other organizations to identify community service opportunities in the Ramallah area and throughout the West Bank, and to execute volunteer exchanges. This position will also coordinate the development and execution of youth leadership training, organize the “Community Connect Pitch Competition” in collaboration with other colleagues, and follow up closely on the winning projects of the “Community Connect Pitch Competition” which have been identified and implemented by youth. S/he will collaborate with UPA staff as needed.
- Implement all project activities and provide monthly progress reports to WB Programs Manager.
- Identify volunteer opportunities for youthin coordination with organizations in various villages, cities, and refugee camps in the West Bank.
- Mobilize volunteers from multiple locations to participate in volunteer exchanges throughout the West Bank; conduct awareness orientation for the visiting volunteers regarding the area where the community service project will take place.
- Work closely with partner organizations and stakeholders to implement project activities smoothly, ensuring a clear division of roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate all logistics needed for the project, such as transportation, venues, hospitability, etc.
- Publicize UPA’s Complaint Mechanism and Child Protection Code of Conduct during activities and events.
- Lead the development of a survey for like-minded organizations, which will inform the youth leadership training curriculum.
- Participate in selection of trainer and/or consultant to develop youth leadership training curriculum and deliver trainings, in collaboration with relevant colleagues.
- Participate in selection of youth who will participate in trainings, in collaboration with relevant colleagues.
- Organize the Community Connect Pitch Competition and follow up on the awarding process and projects implementation by the winners.
- Work with the WB Programs Manager to procure the needed materials for winning projects in accordance with UPA’s procurement guidelines.
- Collect and provide supporting documents for all project payments to programs manager
- Follow up on winning projects and ensure effective implementation of activities.
- Identify youth for most significant stories/success stories and conduct interviews to collect these stories.
- Gather and organize MEAL data as outlined in the project’s MEAL plan.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree in social science or Development Study or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing youth projects or youth related development projects.
- Solid background working as a volunteer.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to follow up on multiple activities and projects.
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills.
- Strong leadership skills and presence; ability to facilitate meaningful conversations among youth.
- Excellent track record of logistics and event planning experience.
- Fluency in Arabic and English written and oral communications.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS word and excel.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Youth Empowerment Project Coordinator position in the subject line. The deadline for applications is July 12, 2022, at 11:59pm, ET.