The Alternative Information Center (AIC) was established in 1984 to provide a critical analytical understanding of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, its historical roots, and its current social and political implications. AIC believes and supports the Palestinian struggle for freedom and right to self-determination, as well as the right of Palestinian refugees to return, through fieldwork, advocacy, conducting and publishing research, and grassroots activism.
The AICP seeks to contribute to the development of a democratic environment allowing Palestinians and especially the younger generations to practice positive citizenship by the awareness of their individual and collective rights, of justice and of humanity.
AIC Palestine and as part of “Civil and Democratic Participation of Palestinian Youth”project in partnership with Actionaid Palestine is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Youth Activator Inspirator for 9 months period
The post location is Bethlehem.
Start Date: Beginning of April 2021
The objective of this position is to follow up, mobilize and activate youth groups That AIC Palestine work with, in order to enhance their engagement in the local communities and national activities, and support the implementation of youth activities and initiatives.
The key responsibilities areas for this position are as follows:
- Development of follow up plan with youth groups.
- Support AIC Palestine in engaging in new partnerships.
- Support youth groups in the design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of youth-led initiatives
- Support youth led COVID19 related initiatives.
- Support AIC documentation and reporting processes, both in Arabic and English language.
- Follow up youth initiatives in the south of Palestine.
- Support Youth-led Campaigning activities.
- Activate the social media platforms of AIC Palestine.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, business administration, Development Studies or Management.
- At least 3-year experience in a multi-culture working environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to design and lead creative youth activities.
- Excellent mobilization and organizing skills
- Very good awareness about the Palestinian context
- Very good advocacy and campaigning skills
- Previous experience in event management and community mobilization.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel frequently within Palestine.
Monthly remuneration amount is 770 €.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 23 March 2021and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Interviews are expected to take place last week of March. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.