World food programmE-OPT
VAcancy Announcement : 012/09
dATE OF ISSUE: 26 march 2009
Deadline for application: 8 APRIL 2009
This vacancy is open only to nationals. Both female and male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Contract: Service Contract
Location: oPT Sub Office, Nablus
Accountabilities: Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics Officer, and overall supervision of the Head Of Logistics, apart from and in line with the duties and responsibilities as set in the generic terms of reference, the incumbent will perform following:
· Perform regular field visits on monthly bases, in order to monitor the performance of Cooperating Partners in terms of warehouse and commodity management for the WFP commodities in line with WFP standards.
· Document each visit with reports, emphasizing the findings during the visits, which specific focus on the quality of work, status of commodity, record keeping, etc., and the recommendations provided to CP to improve the quality of the work.
· Share the reports with the CPs (Logistics section and Management), in order to alert them on the issues that require improvement.
· Perform warehouse stock count on periodic bases, and if required qualitative analysis (??)
· Put in place and maintain a database on the results of each inspection, in order to monitor the implementation of WFP’s suggestion by the CP.
· Train the CP staff that handle WFP food in the best practices of warehouse and commodity management, storage, record keeping and reporting, in order to ensure the usage of: the following documents by the storekeeper:
- Stack cards
- Leger books
- Stock cards
- Physical inventory
- Delivery notes
- Food release notes
· By performing quality and quantity tally work establish potential need for any intervention from WFP side regarding the state of commodities ie losses, malpractices, spoiled food, spillages, wrong procedures etc.
· Specifically, in situation of infestation of food report the CO and suggest the steps to be taken ie need for fumigation of food.
· Enter warehouse monitoring forms into the M&E database
· Perform additional related duties as may be requested by the supervisor.
· Desirable university degree in relevant field in Business Administration, accounting or similar.
· At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, administrative services or other related field.
· Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
· Fluency in English & Arabic. Hebrew is desirable.
· Knowledge of WFP administrative and rules, and WFP policies and procedures in the area of work.
Nationals meeting these qualifications are requested to send their CVs to:
UN / World Food Programme
e-mail to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.