International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: WGSS Supervisor (1)
Capacity: Full Time Contract
Duration: 1 year with the potential for extension depending on available funding
Location: Gaza City.
All opportunities advertised here and subsequent offers and recruitments are contingent on funding availability and donor approval.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
In collaboration with the GBV Manager, the WGSS Manager (Women and Girls Safe Space) will be responsible for the following tasks, including the supervision of the GBV team, including the Community Outreach workers.
- Identify specific needs or gaps within the program of the WGSSs she is responsible for and discuss with the GBV Manager possible solutions to address such needs or gaps.
- Assist in the development of weekly work plans, monitoring of activities and support WGSS staff in the completion of planned activities.
- Supervise, monitor, and conduct weekly exercises, discussions, coordinate group discussion sessions with community leaders, students, and youth to educate and mobilize communities to appropriately prevent and respond to GBV incidences occurring in the community
- Assist in compiling statistics and weekly activity reports for each WGSS as per the program target objectives with guidance from GBV manager
- Assist in supervising and provide training, leadership, mentorship, and other technical support to GBV WGSS staff to ensure all activities meet best practice standards.
- Assist the WGSS staff in strengthening and maintain networks with community leaders and groups to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and encourage greater communication, and coordination with partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors).
- Participate in awareness-raising and/or sensitization campaigns on IMC’s programming and other GBV services
- Work constructively within a team
- Ensure timely submission of all program reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, and yearly based on agreed deadlines and ensure proper filing.
- Develop, implement, and promote effective team communication techniques and systems, including regular senior staff meetings.
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Mobilize stakeholders to participate in GBV coordination meetings.
- Collaborate with other IMC sectors and operations personnel to ensure that the program is properly supported and that all project-related operational activities are conducted according to IMC HR, Logistics, Finance and other policies and procedures.
- Represents IMC in all relevant meetings to address issues of GBV and IMC’s interventions
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant level of experience required. Advanced degree an advantage, particularly in related fields including Social Work, Public Health, International Development or Gender Studies.
- Minimum three years related experience, preferably direct experience with GBV programming
- Experience working in emergency response required
- Demonstrated application of GBV core competencies and commitment to core principles of GBV programming
- Familiarity with humanitarian architecture and the mandates/roles of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
- Strong knowledge of standards and guidelines for GBV programming, coordination, and data management
- Knowledge of standards and guidance related to protection from SEA (Sexual Exploitation and Abuse)
- Experience with, or strong knowledge of, GBV case management services
- Assessment experience
- Facilitation experience
- Commitment to supportive supervision
- Experience working with local partners and community mobilization preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible, and apply experience and guidance to evolving challenges
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in both Arabic and English
How to apply.
- Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to fill the application in the link below no later than April 16, 2022.
- CVs and Cover Letter must be submitted in English.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Website for Contracts misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.