AMIDEAST’s West Bank Training Program Officer position is based at the organization’s main office in El-Bireh in the Ramallah District, with travel in the West Bank and to East Jerusalem as needed. This is a one-year (renewable) full-time contract position scheduled to begin o/a June 1, 2021.
The West Bank Training Program Officer has overall responsibility for the management, growth, and quality of AMIDEAST’s English Language and Training Program portfolio in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, consisting of English language courses, professional skills training, test preparation courses, and specialized training programs for donors and partners as well as public audiences, including young learners, youth, professionals and other adults. The incumbent will be responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, training, supervision, and monitoring of international and national teachers and trainers to ensure that AMIDEAST’s program requirements and professional standards are met. S/he will also monitor program quality to ensure that beneficiaries, clientele, and students benefit from English language and training courses and programs grounded in international best practices. Coordination with AMIDEAST’s regional directors for English language and workforce development is expected, as is participation in regularly scheduled virtual meetings with colleagues in other AMIDEAST offices.
The West Bank Training Program Officer will play a key role in expanding AMIDEAST’s English language and training program portfolio in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, an aspect of the position that has taken on greater urgency in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes designing new program models—including online and blended models—that respond to the needs and interests of local audiences, leading the development of small-to-medium-size proposals, and contributing significantly to large proposals in the fields of English language teaching and learning, professional skills development, employability/employment readiness, entrepreneurship, and related areas of workforce development. The Training Program Officer will also take the lead on developing and implementing marketing and promotional plans and materials, including those that leverage social media platforms. In addition, the West Bank Training Program Officer serves as the primary point of contact for AMIDEAST’s institutional clientele when it comes to English language and training programs, including international agencies, government ministries, nongovernmental organizations, private sector businesses, universities, and schools.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualified applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, TESOL, TEFL, Education, Educational Leadership, Education Administration or Supervision, Business, or related field plus a TESOL certificate; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience, education/training sector preferred
- Teaching/training experience, preferably English language teaching
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional office setting
- Experience recruiting and supervising staff, particularly teachers and trainers
- Experience with online learning, as a trainee, trainer, and/or coordinator
- Proven track record of successfully managing diverse client relationships
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, customer service orientation, and positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and a proven ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and English language communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to travel throughout the West Bank and East Jerusalem
- Experience with curriculum development and assessment
- Experience with business development, including proposal development
- Teacher training experience
Interested persons are invited to apply for the position at jobs.amideast.org/public/jobs/2021-037P63.htm. Please upload a cover letter explaining why you are interested in applying for the position, and why you think you are a good fit for the position. In addition to a cover letter, please upload a detailed resume or C.V. and contact information for three references.
The deadline to receive all applications for this position is COB, May 5, 2021. Late applications will not be considered. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.