Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Part-time Water Resources (WASH) Expert
For an initial 8 months
The water resources Expert will provide technical support to WASH stakeholders and active members including Action Against Hunger technical staff for issues related to stormwater management, GIS, and water quality issues.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Technical Assistance to Stormwater Projects:
The duties described below are based on field visits combined with office work, in coordination and under the supervision of the WASH Program Manager, WASH Head of Project and Technical Coordinator.
Support main water stakeholders (PWA, CMWU and technical Water staff of municipalities) to develop/formalise their future plans and fund-raising priorities for construction of the stormwater drainage systems. This will consist of the following tasks:
- Review the existing Flood Risk Mitigation Plan for Gaza Strip, which was prepared by Action Against Hunger, in addition to all relevant documents published by PWA, CMWU, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct field visits to the sites to investigate the flood scales and behaviors.
- Advice regarding the field survey and data collection and to follow-up data compilation process.
- Undertake a hydrological analysis relying on the collected data and to describe causes of flood.
- Develop a hydrological-hydraulic model to assess various alternatives of solutions considering cost, downstream/upstream impacts, resilience of the system, etc.
- Provide detailed design for the best intervention and to assist detailed design drawings and Bill of Quantities.
- Follow-up implementation works.
- Provide technical advices and recommendations in relation to the stormwater problems/solutions once needed.
- Produce maps of existing stormwater drainage infrastructures and flooding areas in order to identify the most vulnerable locations.
- Train Action Against Hunger technical staff, local partners and municipal staff on stormwater modelling using GIS, on designing and monitoring the pilot stormwater harvesting systems to be implemented.
- Provide monitoring program and to assist final report of the project.
External relations (Coordination of Water Quality Group Activities) :
- Revision of all documents compiled for the Group as references, and to update the database with the recent publications
- Represent Action Against Hunger in supporting PWA and in direct coordination with WASH cluster coordinator to organize activities and collaboration among WASH cluster members in the field of water quality.
- Communicate and collaborate with the group members to organize the activities that fulfil the group vision and objectives according to the TOR. This includes development and follow-up of the annual activities plan.
- Organize and manage the group meetings and ensure the group activeness.
Analytical advice and reporting (Miscellaneous):
- Provide technical advice as required for arising matters and issues which are related to the WASH activities.
- Advise regarding existing stormwater GIS database and update it if needed.
- Provide WASH PM with analysis, maps, and reports as they are required to support Action Against Hunger activities, proposal, etc.
- Participates in weekly base coordination meetings if required
- Translation work if required.
- Duties inherent to the position and requested according to missions’ needs and context.
- Provide report(s) focusing on findings, conclusions and recommended actions, supported by summaries of the data collected and citations of any references used in interpreting and presenting the data.
- Other reports required regarding the design, training and monitoring will be prepared focusing on the lessons learned and recommendations for improvement.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Master’s degree in water management resources, and ground water specialist.
- Water resources management; especially stormwater modelling using GIS.
- Civil engineer of 7-years actual experience in water (water, wastewater and stormwater) related subjects
- Knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Experience in GIS is a plus.
- Good communication, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Automnous and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Knowledge in CAD, ARCGIS
- Potential ability to travel to Jerusalem and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 15/05/2019.
Only those candidates pre-selected for an interview will be contacted.