CNFA is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Water Management Lead position for the USAID Effective Management of Irrigation Water Activity (EMIW). The purpose of this activity will be to work with farmers in the West Bank and Gaza (WBG) to improve climate-resilient conservation and management of freshwater resources and associated ecosystems by increasing the availability, quality, and environmental resilience of drinking water supply sources. The duration of this Activity will be four years.
Reporting to the DCOP, the Water Management Lead will provide technical leadership and ensure the EMIW team has adequate training to improve the efficiency of water use for irrigation. S/he will supervise the Irrigation Specialist. The Water Management Lead is based in West Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of sector strategy options for water resource management development efforts.
- Lead assessments to identify water management needs and opportunities in target areas.
- Supervise and oversee the work of the Irrigation Specialist and Water Engineer, providing guidance and support to ensure project objectives are met.
- Manage resources related to water management efficiently, including budgeting and procurement of necessary equipment and materials.
- Provide technical support and guidance to farmers in the West Bank and Gaza to enhance their understanding and implementation of climate-resilient conservation and freshwater resource management practices.
- Supervising engineering technical designs, specifications and BOQs of project activities, including the required specifications of the solar-pumping systems, electro-magnetic irrigations systems/ RO units among others, rainwater harvesting cisterns with mobile solar pumping system.
- Supervising the installation and operation of smart computerized irrigation systems
- Collaborate with local stakeholders, including farmer-based organizations and relevant government agencies, to strengthen linkages and partnerships related to water management.
- Supervise the development and the implementation of training programs for local partners, farmers, extension workers, NGOs, Water Users Associations (WUAs) and other stakeholders on best practices in water-efficient irrigation techniques, solar energy, irrigation schemes, climate change related issues.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to local communities and organizations to enhance their capacity for sustainable water management in relation to irrigation, solar energy and climate change.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing among project beneficiaries and stakeholders to promote the adoption of innovative and sustainable water management practices.
- Assists in establishing a robust monitoring and evaluation system to track the impact of water management interventions. Implement monitoring and evaluation systems to track progress, identify challenges, and make necessary adjustments to achieve project goals.
- Engagement in the procurement processes, tendering and bidding evaluations.
- Prepare regular reports on project activities, achievements, challenges, and recommendations, and submit them to the project leadership and USAID as required.
- Ensure that all project activities comply with USAID regulations and CNFA's policies and procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience designing and/or managing resource management or water management for agriculture development projects is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in irrigation, water resource management or related field required, master's degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in water management, particularly in agricultural settings.
- Strong knowledge of irrigation systems, water conservation techniques, renewable solar energy, climate change and sustainable farming practices.
- Familiarity with the West Bank/Gaza region and its unique water-related challenges, and ability to travel to West Bank and the region.
- Strong writing and communication skills desired.
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic is required.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at [email protected] or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below