The ICRC office in Ramallah is seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to fill the following position:
Water and Habitat Engineer 1
Place of Employment : Ramallah
Contract duration : one year - fixed term contract (including 3 months' probationary period)
Occupation rate : 100%
Grade Level : B2
Starting Date : As soon as possible
- Draws up documents (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for engineering projects using approved formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Supervises contractors working on project sites and conducts quality control of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Creates project files in electronic databases (such as the WatHab Project Assistant application) and keeps them up to date.
- Prepares implementation/progress reports.
- Provides regular information to colleagues on security, stakeholder issues and site progress.
- Manages project purchasing on labor and materials according to the delegation's financial and logistical rules.
- Administers hand-over of ICRC-provided infrastructure to end-users.
- Trains and organizes training for end-users in the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Uses results-based management to evaluate project implementation.
- Helps identify needs through assessments and surveys.
- Contributes at his/her level to maintaining and sharing with his/her supervisors and WatHab team members a broad, deep, and updated knowledge of the political and security context in ILOT, particularly the West Bank, and the institutional setup, regulation, and implementation strategy of the relevant sectors in the West Bank and at central level. Specifically to the WaSH environment, support the WatHab engineer 2 in this endeavour by proactively sharing WatHab Engineer 2 his/her understanding of the WaSH, political and legal context, as pertinent to WatHab. This includes attending as requested to relevant meetings – may be asked to represent the ICRC in clusters or other coordination meetings
- Identify and propose to his/her supervisor projects and activities relevant to address the wider objective and operational priorities set in the PfR;
- Makes use of ILOT WatHab templates to prepare proposals, tender documents, partnerships, conduct assessments, etc, liaises with support departments (particularly Protection), and ensures that every project is properly documented in TeamSpace.
- Prepare tender documents for construction works (invitation to tender, contracts, BoQ, drawings, technical specifications, minutes of pre-bid meeting…);
- Follow up projects' implementation in close coordination with the Water and Habitat department's main partners identifying and mitigating risks to project and programme. Ensure the respect of technical specifications, quality standards, material and equipment quality, and project deadlines and budget allocated; Guide, frame and/or directly conduct all necessary assessments to identify remedial actions in case of contract deviations/problems identified;
- Co-ordinate works as necessary with key interlocutors, contractors and communities in order to ensure an efficient working relationship amongst all stakeholders of projects.
- The above applies also to Emergency response, and to any ad-hoc support that may be required to other sub-sites of ILOT that are not the West Bank
- Support in the preparation of all events with authorities/stakeholders related to projects that he/she is responsible for, including any logistics/administrative matters
- Provide constructive criticism on program and projects strength and weaknesses; respond proactively to lessons learnt.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Certifications / Education required:
- University degree in civil, structural or hydrological/hydraulic engineering, architecture or similar.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Proficient in use of drawing software if working in construction and hydraulic engineering.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and MS project-management suite or equivalent.
Professional Experience required
- 3-5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
- Experience managing 1–3 technical support staff.
- Valid driving License.
Interested applicants must submit a résumé, a motivation letter, in English, no later than 19 December 2021 latest to [email protected],
indicating in the subject line: Water and Habitat Engineer 1_Application_Your name.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted