Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is currently seeking to hire a watchman to join our project in Gaza.he will be responsible for Carrying out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to MSF protocols and security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission's personnel and premises.
- Surveying the MSF premise's access and guides people to reception within authorized hours. Contacts administration team for authorizing people access.
- Watching MSF premises and property's perimeter fence through regular patrols. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended.
- Organizing traffic of vehicles within the premises and directs them in and out.
- Checking that the doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and performs general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
- Maintaining watchmen's torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability.
- Supervising diesel/petrol tank levels and providing spare can(s) of fuel. Ensuring the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance) as well as the correct use of extinguishers (being aware of their location.
Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education Essential writing and reading capacity
Experience desirable previous experience in the same position
Languages Local language essential, Essential basic knowledge of mission language
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Stress Management L1
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Service Orientation L1
Interested applicants must submit all of the following documents:
- C.V. and Cover Letter in English detailing qualifications for this position
Please write Watchman on your application or it may not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is: Sunday 11th August 12:00pm
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.