WASH Technician/West Bank/ 03-2022
Position: WASH Technician
Location: West Bank – Hebron Governorate
Closing date: 20/03/2022
Duration: 6 months
CESVI is an international NGO registered in Italy, and operates worldwide to support the most vulnerable populations in promoting human rights and achieving their ambitions, for sustainable development. It also believes that the recognition of human rights contributes to the wellbeing of everyone on the planet, a shared home to be safeguarded. CESVI is working in Palestine since 1994 and has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in partnership with relevant actors and active participation in the WASH cluster.
CESVI is starting the implementation of 2 projects in the West Bank (Southern Hebron Governorate), funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), in partnership with local and international partners:
- project “RIGHTS – protection and human rights for vulnerable Palestinian communities in Area C West Bank: Health, Water and Hygiene”
- project “PASSI – Protection, Water, Health and Hygienic-Health for vulnerable population in Area C”
Both projects aim to support vulnerable communities by:
- distribution of WASH systems (water treatment-filtering-storage units) at HH level, within public institutions (schools, HCFs, local CBOs and councils), and improvement/construction of public water points
- water quality monitoring by lab analysis
- behavioural change methodology (RANAS) on proper practises for water use and consumption to enhance personal health conditions
CESVI is looking for a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of WASH Technician, with expertise in WASH sector, who will be responsible for the identification and implementation of WASH activities of both projects in the field.
Main tasks and duties:
- Overall implementation in the field of specific WASH project activities, ensuring technical quality and standards are considered and applied
- Handle the daily follow up of WASH project activities in the field, track activities progress and provide timely feedback
- Conduct need and technical assessments, participate in the design of technical solutions, draft BoQs and technical specifications for WASH systems procurement
- Implement the distribution/installation/monitoring of the identified WASH interventions at HH-, institution- and community-level
- Implement in the field the Ranas tool, providing the baseline survey and participating in developing behaviour change techniques
- Participate in the field into M&E activities, as per project MEAL plan
- Prepare and submit specific reports about WASH activities (need assessment, identification, implementation, monitoring of technical activities)
- Participate in drafting work plans and then implement activities in the field accordingly, meeting planned deadlines
- Provide information to keep track of beneficiaries’ data base
- Keep close coordination and deal with CESVI partners, local authorities, community representatives and stakeholders, including participating into meetings to share and explain WASH project activities, provide translation support from English to Arabic when necessary
- Ensure the project is implemented in the field in accordance with relevant CESVI technical guidelines, standards and policies
- Ensure that at all times contacts with beneficiaries are conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering
- At least 3-year experience in WASH projects implementation in the field
- Proved technical knowledge and experiences in WASH systems and works for water treatment/filtering/storage at HH, community- and public institutions- level
- Ability to present, explain, train on WASH systems during meetings and interactive training, good intercultural skills
- Management of complaint feedback mechanism with reference to WASH-related aspects
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), knowledge of and experience on the use of Kobo toolbox for data collection
- Fluency in written & spoken English and Arabic with technical/narrative reports writing skills
- Valid local driver's license
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, make decisions, and problem solving
- Self-motivated, flexible, and resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines
- Management of and coordination with staff in the field
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Desirable knowledge of the RANAS tool methodology
The assignment is a full-time post expected to start immediately. Please note that it is a project-based post and does not imply continued employment with CESVI after the end of the contract period.
All applications shall include a Cover Letter, CV in English and contact details of 3 reference persons. Applications not complete and with no clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered.
Send your application (Cover Letter, CV and References) by 20/03/2022 to:
with reference to the position in the subject line (WASH Technician / WB-03-2022).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.