Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Specialist
For a period of 12 months renewable
The Candidate is responsible for:
Action Against Hunger is looking for a dynamic and well experienced candidate in the areas of data collection and analysis in the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) sector. The overall responsibility of this position is to support the Head of Programs and the Hebron Base, in preparing, following up and implementing of WASH related studies, assessments, reports and programing activities related to WASH and as the management perceives necessary.
Objective 1: Strategy, Project design and evaluation
- Participate and support in writing programing strategy in coordination with the Head of Programs and the country WASH coordinator.
- Participate in the design and implementation of project assessments, surveys, or any other project identification studies.
- Participate in the preparation of WASH related projects’ proposals, gather necessary numbers and technical data.
- Participate in drafting the design of WASH problem statements, position papers, concept papers, and project proposals.
- Permanent information gathering from other NGOs, institutions, local authorities, and other key actors about WASH situation.
- Participate in the evaluation process of WASH interventions including of lessons learned and improvement ideas.
Objective 2: Design and develop WASH activities.
- Preparation of detailed work plans with specific milestones; showing clear tasks and focal point of each task in coordination with the Head of Programs related to WASH studies.
- Develop and maintain database related to technical information of the different WASH interventions including developed plans and related follow up activities including developing tailored maps.
- Support the development, design, implementation, and follow up of water and sanitation related studies (water master plans, water distribution studies, fair water distribution plans, action plans…etc)
- Define and identify the related technical solutions for WASH problems after conducting the needed vulnerability and technical analysis with water service providers.
- Develop and follow up the development of technical ideas and general solutions for proposed WASH projects in coordination with PWA and water service providers.
- Provide technical support to the Head of Projects and engineers for activities’ implementation when needed.
- Collect data, classify and clean it and ensure the quality of the WASH data, and to be updated periodically and when needed, this includes but not limited to updating WASH related studies and assessment data and their related technical proposals.
- Participate in the design of ToRs for studies, tenders, round table meetings, reports, awareness-raising campaigns, and other activities as required.
- Ensure projects’ related information to WASH is incorporated within the database purposes.
- Provide WASH information for Advocacy use in cooperation with the Head of Programs, Head of Base and Advocacy team, and propose new advocacy cases.
Objective 3: External relations.
- Maintain good relations with the related water actors in West Bank including Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) and Water Service Providers (WSPs).
- Maintain relations with coordination bodies, local authorities, counterparts, beneficiaries, and other external factors related to Action Against Hunger activities
- Attend local and national WASH meetings, conferences, and workshops when needed as requested or required by the Head of Programs.
Objective 4: Reporting
- Prepare a WASH monthly update/report pertaining to the developments of the ongoing projects.
- Prepare factsheets and stories based on previous and ongoing Action Against Hunger WASH assessments and studies.
- Prepare WASH assessments and studies reports and summaries when required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in water management, WASH related fields, water engineering, civil engineering, or any related field; studies in international cooperation/development and WASH (highly desirable).
- Knowledge in water and sanitation, planning and design of water projects, data processing, and management, advanced excel techniques and analysis, wide knowledge of GIS and AUTOCAD.
- At least five years’ experience in humanitarian, development, or emergency programming.
- required/proved experience in WASH projects. Experience in conducting WASH related studies and assessments.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated direct project implementation experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in WASH projects’ cost estimations, budget development, and management.
- Experience in working with international and national organizations in similar positions and coordinating with local and public entities.
- Knowledge in development, humanitarian, or emergency programming.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, of programs/ activities, is a plus.
- Experience in GIS and data analysis is a must.
- Good communication, including training, capacity building, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Autonomous and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking in both Arabic and English languages.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS, AUTOCAD and email/internet software.
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
Applications will be accepted up to and including 18/03/2022
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.