Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Specialist
For a period of initial 8 months, with possibility of renewal
The WASH Specialist is responsible to support the WASH Program Manager, in preparing, following up and implementing WASH related studies, assessments and programing activities.
In the current context, the WASH Specialist will:
- Support the development, design, implementation, and follow up of water and sanitation related studies (water master plans, water distribution studies, action plans…etc).
- Define and identify the related technical solutions for WASH problems after conducting the needed vulnerability and technical analysis with water service providers.
- Develop and follow up the development of technical ideas and general solutions for proposed WASH projects in coordination with Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) and water service providers.
- Participate in writing programing strategy
- Ensure the quality of the WASH related data, and to be updated periodically and when needed, this includes but not limited to updating WASH related studies and assessment data and their related technical proposals. (water master plan, water modeling and action plan.).
- Provide WASH information for Advocacy use in cooperation with Program Manager, Head of Base and Advocacy Coordinator, and propose new advocacy cases.
- Provide technical support to the engineers for activities’ implementation when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or any related field; studies in international cooperation / development and WASH (highly desirable).
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian, development or emergency programming, required/proved experience in WASH projects.
- Strong knowledge in water and sanitation, planning and design of water infrastructure
- monitoring and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated direct project implementation experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management is a plus.
- Experience in working with international and national and coordinating with local and public entities.
- Good communication, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Autonomous and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Valid Driving License.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 30/03/2019
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.